• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

DATiNG

:love-animated: DATiNG :romantic:

Dating is a common thing around the world, some people think it's bad others think that it's good.

But is dating bad? or . . is it good?

In my opinion dating is not good or bad. It's the way we use it that it makes it either bad or good. What do you think?

WHAT DATiNG iS NOT:

-Not for you if your not ready
-Not a way to get to know someone
-Not all it's "cracking"up to be

4 SiGNS TO KNOW iF YOR NOT READY TO DATE:

1] Your parents feel that your not ready because you are too young
2] You have a significant problem with lust
3] God is not first in your life and priorities
4] You believe dating will finally make you happy and fulfilled

WHAT DOES THE BiBLE SAY ABOUT MR. RiGHT?

Date someone who lives -not just talks a Christian life, I Corinthians 5:11.
"you are not to keep company with anyone who claims to be a Christian but indulges in sexual sins, or is greedy, or is a swindler, or worships idols, is a drunkard, or abusive. Don't even eat with such a person."

should a Christian be partner to an unbeliever?
"how can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" Amos 3:3, NKJV says

don't date bad tempered people, Proverbs 22:24,
"Keep away from angry, short-tempered men, lest you learn to be like them and endanger your soul."

avoid lazy Christians, II Thessalonians 3:6,
"Stay away from any Christian who spends his days in laziness and does not follow the ideal of hard work we set up for you."

Inner beauty is more important than outer, I Peter 3:4,
"Be beautiful inside, in your hearts, with the lasting charm of a gentle and quiet spirit that is so precious to God."

What kind of person should you date? II Timothy 2:22,
"enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord." "Don't team with those who do not love the Lord, for what do people of God have in common with people of sin? How can light live with darkness? II Corinthians 6:14-15

date someone who knows how to encourage, Philippians 2:1-2,
"Is there any such thing as Christians cheering each other up? Does it mean anything to you that we are brothers in the Lord, sharing the same Spirit? Are your hearts tender and sympathetic at all? Then truly love each other, working together with one heart, mind and purpose.

:cupidfly:

So this was a short review about dating mm . . . hope it helped someone as much as it helped me. If u have any questions feel free to ask me and let me know what you think about my dating review.
Thanks
God bless u

-jesusismypeace-

:romantic:

Last edited:
I love the verses in this one. So true how can two get along unless they agree with one another.