• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Daily Bread (An Expensive Gospel)

An Expensive Gospel

To you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake. —Philippians 1:29

About this cover
On a teaching trip at a Bible institute in another country, my colleague and I were saddened to hear of legislation before the parliament that sought to outlaw the evangelical church. We shared our fears with our students that though we had come to train a generation of pastors, we might instead witness a new wave of persecution. We then joined with the students in prayer and worship to God about the matter.

After we concluded, one of the students said to me, “Thanks for being concerned for us, but don’t worry. We’ve learned that it’s not enough for us to preach the gospel or live for the gospel. It is necessary that we suffer for the gospel.” His words were not flippant but honest. Living for Christ often exacts a price.

Paul, writing from prison, said, “To you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake” (Philippians 1:29). His statement is daily lived out by believers around the world who experience hardship and persecution for no greater crime than living openly for the name of Jesus.

Let’s pray for God’s blessing and provision for our brothers and sisters in Christ who are paying an expensive price for embracing a salvation that is free. —Bill Crowder

O for a faith that will not shrink
Though pressed by many a foe,
That will not tremble on the brink
Of any earthly woe. —Bathurst

Those who live for God can expect trouble in the world.

2Cor 11 v 23 :paul the Apostle speaking "in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft. 5 times received I 39 stripes, thrice beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice suffered shipwreck, a night and a day in the deep: in journeyings often, perils of waters, perils of robbers, perils of the Jews, perils of the heathen, perils of the city. in perils of the wilderness, in perils of the sea, perils of false brethren; in weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Besides those things which are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches............

We may never be called to suffer like Paul.......to carry the burden of Christianity, but who can tell......At this time we witness a rise in opposition to the the Christian Faith in Governments worldwide....Free thinking, liberty in all things, is the call of modern society.

We that know Him are unshaken. There is only one way. Whatever men propose. The prophet said long ago "the heart is deceitful in all things, and desperately wicked, who can know it"............

Trust and obey,
For there's no othe way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

But we never can prove,
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for those who will trust and obey.