• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Credit/Debit card chips

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Good evening everyone.
There's something now bothering me--it's about the chips implanted on cards for security measures. Is it really? Or is it just to get mass majority of people used to this type of thing, to prepare them to take the mark?
I had received a new debit card in the mail some time ago and they let me know it has a chip on it. I have it now and have been using the card. Does this mean I took the mark?
I don't like that a chip is on my card in the first place.

Loyal
No, it does not mean you took the mark. It will be obvious that you are choosing to be one with the anti-Christ's worldview, there will be no question about it. My debit card info was stolen electronically while at a gas station, and purchases showed up about 500 miles away in a place I had never been, so it was declined. The new chip keeps the card info from being stolen electronically, at least for the time being. I have them now to keep it from happening again.

Active
Agreed. There will be no doubt that one has taken the mark of the beast when it is introduced.

Loyal
Something has gone wrong if our understanding of a line of teaching in the Bible takes our eyes off Jesus - if our attention is consumed by anxiety about hidden codes rather than the cross.

One observation: marks on the forehead are mentioned twice in Revelation. There is the mark of the beast in chapter 13, and also in chapter 7 the seal of the living God

'I saw another angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living God, and he called with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to damage earth and sea, saying, ‘Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees, until we have marked the servants of our God with a seal on their foreheads.’
I suggest that we should interpret both marks in a similar way - either we think of both as a literal physical mark, or treat both as a symbolic metaphor. To me, the text makes most sense as figurative language - similar to the line later in chapter 7 'they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb'.