• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Correct Me, O Lord

Staff Member
Correct me, O LORD, but in justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing. Jeremiah 10:24 ESV

Adam and Eve hid from God after they sinned, Jonah ran from God. When Jesus opens the sixth seal, people will hide in rocks and caves, trying to avoid the face of God. Hiding and running from God is the norm for the sinner, especially one who doesn’t have a strong relationship with Him.

In today’s verse, however, a remnant of God’s people not only didn’t run from Him, they asked for His correction—not in His anger, lest He crush them, but in His justice. It’s similar to a teenage son who makes a poor decision, but rather than hiding from his dad, he picks up the phone and confesses, asking for mercy. Dad would still correct him, but he would be satisfied, knowing he’s done a good job in helping his child to develop his conscience.

When David was faced with a choice of punishment for his sin, he chose to “fall into the hand of the Lord, for his mercy is great” (2 Samuel 24:14).

How can you do anything less after you’ve sinned? You’ll not only restore your broken fellowship with God; you’ll be made white as snow.

Prayer: Lord, may I never run from You after I’ve sinned. Instead, make it my default setting to run to You.