• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Corporate Faith

Loyal
Hebrews 11 is called the "faith chapter" of the Bible. It defines what faith is, and then
it goes to give a list of "Hero's of the faith" and the actions they did to prove their faith.
But in verse 29, it doesn't mention a specific name.....

Heb 11:29; By faith they passed through the Red Sea as though they were passing through dry land; and the Egyptians, when they attempted it, were drowned.
Heb 11:30; By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.

If we go back and read the account of the red sea. It wasn't just Moses... it was the entire nation
of Israel that trusted God here. If we read the account of the walls of Jericho falling down, it wasn't
just Joshua marching around Jericho, it was a very large procession... many warriors, priests, trumpet
blowers, etc...
In Judges 7, Gideon has an army of 22,000 men he needs to fight the enemy with. But God tells
him this is too many... so he gives Gideon instructions on how to narrow the army down to 300 men.
In the previous chapter we see the Midianites "came like locusts, and their camels were without
number" ( Judges 6:5; ) So it wasn't just Gideon who had to fight, but also the 300 warriors with him
had to trust God.

There is strength in numbers. I sometimes wonder if the reason things (miracles, healing, etc...) don't
always happen is because we don't have enough faith. One or two may have faith... but does the
whole group have faith? Does everyone in the church have faith? Jesus didn't do many miracles in Capernaum because "of their unbelief" (Matt 13:58; )

How powerful could the church be... if we were united in faith!!! ???
Could Satan... or any demon stand against the church if we were really united?
Could even 1,000 demons stand against the church? ( Mark 5:9; Luke 8:30; )
Sometimes we spend so much effort finding ways to be divided.... does speaking in
tongues really matter more the kingdom of God? Does "once saved always saved" matter
more than souls being saved? Is the doctrine of "you must obey the Sabbath" more
important than coming against the forces or darkness and principalities?

I'm not saying doctrine isn't important, and I'm not saying it doesn't matter... but if
we could agree on the things that matter....
Could anything stand against us moving God's kingdom forward??!!

I'm of the opinion that certain demons have built up strongholds in certain cities.
Perhaps the demons of homosexuality in Seattle and San Francisco... perhaps the demons
of alcohol addiction in Milwaukee and Lynchburg. Perhaps demons of every sin imaginable
in the city you live in.

Why isn't the church tearing down these strongholds and principalities? Perhaps it's
because we can't agree amongst ourselves. We're too busy arguing with each other
to tear the devils kingdom down.

Staff Member
I'm of the opinion that certain demons have built up strongholds in certain cities.
Perhaps the demons of homosexuality in Seattle and San Francisco... perhaps the demons
of alcohol addiction in Milwaukee and Lynchburg. Perhaps demons of every sin imaginable
in the city you live in.

Why isn't the church tearing down these strongholds and principalities? Perhaps it's
because we can't agree amongst ourselves. We're too busy arguing with each other
to tear the devils kingdom down.

Why? For the very reasons you rail against as being the cause of the disunity. Which by the way I have no problem with. For it is true. However, those issues that divide us are the very ones that are the subjects of the strong holds mentioned. The very things/sins/strongholds that we as the Body of Christ should stand against are sadly the things argued about. Sure there are other issues, but the church in its current tepid/lukewarm state is unwilling to first clean its own house then move forward in increasing the Kingdom of God.

That is one of the reasons that there was unbelief in Capernaum. It was our Lords home town so to speak. As our Lord said "And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household." Matthew 13:57. The unbelief at times resides in the very pulpits and pews of the churches we attend. Until this is addressed nothing else will.

We need to remember that we do it for the Glory of God!

Nice post brother. Thank-you for it.
YBIC
C4E
<><