• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

audio Controlling Your Thoughts

Administrator
Staff Member
Are your thoughts full of unforgiveness, pride, lust, or anger? Your mind is constantly processing and managing incoming information. Unfortunately, the fact that you're struggling with your thoughts may mean that you haven't been focusing them on things that honor God. How can you reprogram your brain to honor God? In his profound sermon, Dr. Stanley shows you how to win the battle for your mind in a way that will impact every area of your life.

Part 1

Part 2

Loyal
Are your thoughts full of unforgiveness, pride, lust, or anger? Your mind is constantly processing and managing incoming information. Unfortunately, the fact that you're struggling with your thoughts may mean that you haven't been focusing them on things that honor God. How can you reprogram your brain to honor God? In his profound sermon, Dr. Stanley shows you how to win the battle for your mind in a way that will impact every area of your life.

Part 1

Part 2

Rick and I listened to both parts. Thanks for sharing. He made some good points. I especially liked it that he said we can't live both in the flesh and in the Spirit at the same time, or something like that, which was a reference to Romans 8, I believe. It doesn't mean we will be perfect, or that we will never sin, but we can't be godly and fleshly (giving in to the flesh consistently) at the same time.

I'm new to the faith, does it get easier to police your thoughts and not have doubts or regrets?
Or am I doing things wrong?

Loyal
Philippians 4:8 tells us what to meditate on. Does that mean it will be Easy -- not really. As long as we're on this earth -- we will struggle. But we Do have the Holy Spirit within us as born-again believers. And That makes all the difference.

Active
I'm new to the faith, does it get easier to police your thoughts and not have doubts or regrets?
Or am I doing things wrong?
Yes, it gets easier. I encourage you to read the Bible daily. Purchase a Bible without the thees and thous. The Holy Spirit will help you understand scripture. God's Word is alive with supernatural power . God will speak to your heart through His Word to help you police your thoughts and get rid of all doubts and regrets. It will take time. Trust Him. His timing will be perfect.
Love in Christ, Jan :)

Thanks guys, I am glad to say I haven't been Atheist or Agnostic for a few weeks now and yes I have a bible, I am on exodus, which many of you already know its where Moses asks the Pharoh to free his people and the Pharoh tells him why should he, I cant wait to get to the story of ''Job''

Active
Greetings in the Lord, when the Lord introduced himself to me and I began to dig deep into his Word, He showed me He was a flesh being as well. He struggled with the same thoughts we struggle with. As He hang on the cross in pain and agony when cant even comprehend, Jesus cried out "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

I share this with you because it rea l ly helped me when He pointed this out. So many times through out the Word, when we give up and quit trying to do it ourselves...is when He shows up.
All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Loyal
If I may suggest -- having been a believer for Many years -- reading Bible for first time -- the Old Testament is just as important as the New Testament is -- but I would suggest to read from both Old And New -- in the morning in the Old and in the evening from the New Testament. Or a chapter or two from each at the same time of day. Some Bibles already have reading plans included.

The NKJ is a good one. Takes out the 'thee's and thou's'