• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Continuing in the Grace of God.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Acts 13:43

When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord . . . Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. (Act_11:23; Act_13:43)
Whenever the grace of God is allowed to work in human hearts, visible spiritual evidences eventually appear.
This can bring joy to those who are outwardly observing this inward work of grace. Still, it is appropriate to exhort those who have made progress in grace to continue in the grace of God.

The above is part of my morning devotional studies. This is from theologian Bob Hoekstra. QUESTION: What do you think is happening here? How does GRACE in a human heart produce visible spiritual evidence? And what do you think that evidence is?

Loyal
Acts 13:43

When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord . . . Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. (Act_11:23; Act_13:43)
Whenever the grace of God is allowed to work in human hearts, visible spiritual evidences eventually appear.
This can bring joy to those who are outwardly observing this inward work of grace. Still, it is appropriate to exhort those who have made progress in grace to continue in the grace of God.

The above is part of my morning devotional studies. This is from theologian Bob Hoekstra. QUESTION: What do you think is happening here? How does GRACE in a human heart produce visible spiritual evidence? And what do you think that evidence is?
The Apostle Paul said that he had labored more than all the other Apostles that were before him, but he says, "it was not me, but the grace of God with me"

1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

God's "grace" is in his wiliness to do his work through his Church. :smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
E Devotionals 3
J Water Cooler 0