• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Content and Satisfied

Active
Are you ever tempted to think that you would be more content in life if you had more money? This is a common idea in our society today. 1 Timothy 6:6-11 warns that striving to be rich and the love of money are dangerous snares that lead to destruction, not to contentment. As born again Christians, we must ask God to help us be content in His provision for us. He knows everything we need and He is always faithful to provide.

God's kingdom offers great benefits. One benefit is the privilege of being content and satisfied even when circumstances in our lives do not suit us. 1 Timothy 6:8 says that it is possible for us to be content if we just have food and clothing. Most of us have at least that, so why do we still have much discontentment? This verse is not saying that food and clothing are all God wants us to have. But it does say that we do not need extra things to make us happy. Christians seek the wisdom of God, not the world. They are content with the basic necessities in life, because they realize real life does not consist of the abundance of things they possess. They may have things, but their joy and contentment is not found in them.

Contentment is worth more than all the material possessions I have accumulated. Nothing I have or will obtain is worth anything if I am not satisfied inside. I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.- Philippians 4:11,12. We learn contentment when we give up seeking it our own way. As long as we compare ourselves to others, what they have or what they can do; we will live discontented lives. When we come to the place where we can say to God, "I want only what You want me to have, and mean it; we've found the secret to peace, happiness, and contentment in life.

Lord, true contentment and satisfaction in life comes through having a personal relationship with You. Help us to trust Your faithfulness to provide. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :)

Wnl

Hi Jan, this scripture clarifies what you are saying,

In EVERYTHING give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ concerning YOU
(1 Thes. 5:18). Not easy to do this sometimes I know,but we can if we think of Him.
With Love Wnl