• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Consider the Words of Others.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
And what value was there in fighting wild beasts--those people of Ephesus--if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, "Let's feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!" Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:32-33 NLT

If the words of others reveal what is in their hearts, then those who call into question the central belief in the resurrection reveal their denial of God’s power.

Although you may believe that you can win over people who deny something vitally important like the resurrection, remain cautious. Denying the resurrection means they will make choices and live in such a way that underestimates or dismisses the power and presence of God. Their decisions can have a corrupting influence on your own life and the kinds of choices you make.

The company you keep is essential for the health of your faith. This is why Jesus began His ministry with a small community of disciples. What’s more, this is why fellowship and gathering have been so important throughout the history of the church.

The people who can affirm your faith, and who can support you in the highs and lows of life, will ensure that your faith is stable and able to stand the trials that will surely come.

Prayer: Jesus, lead me to people of faith who can affirm and support my hope in You.

Active
Resurrection or not (I believe there is, of course)--why would it prevent doing good?

The LORD IS Good :)

And what value was there in fighting wild beasts--those people of Ephesus--if there will be no resurrection from the dead? And if there is no resurrection, "Let's feast and drink, for tomorrow we die!" Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad company corrupts good character." 1 Corinthians 15:32-33 NLT

If the words of others reveal what is in their hearts, then those who call into question the central belief in the resurrection reveal their denial of God’s power.

Although you may believe that you can win over people who deny something vitally important like the resurrection, remain cautious. Denying the resurrection means they will make choices and live in such a way that underestimates or dismisses the power and presence of God. Their decisions can have a corrupting influence on your own life and the kinds of choices you make.

The company you keep is essential for the health of your faith. This is why Jesus began His ministry with a small community of disciples. What’s more, this is why fellowship and gathering have been so important throughout the history of the church.

The people who can affirm your faith, and who can support you in the highs and lows of life, will ensure that your faith is stable and able to stand the trials that will surely come.

Prayer: Jesus, lead me to people of faith who can affirm and support my hope in You.
It is true, as believers we need to both guard the words we speak, because they are a reflection of our heart, and the words we hear because we can be tainted by what we hear.

Active
What I took from it was simple; if I place the resurrection as a priority above doing good, then doing good becomes second. Anytime a person chooses evil ways wittingly, hundreds, to thousands, and sometimes millions of people suffer. Doing good is now central to my life, regardless of reward.

Staff Member
What I took from it was simple; if I place the resurrection as a priority above doing good, then doing good becomes second. Anytime a person chooses evil ways wittingly, hundreds, to thousands, and sometimes millions of people suffer. Doing good is now central to my life, regardless of reward.
Dear twcstp111,
The devotional was not about doing good or completely about the resurrection, but rather discernment in dealing with others. The ability of one to know what is in/behind the words that another speaks is important. The resurrection part, can specially ascertain whether the one you are associating with/speaking with is a believer or not and is but an example. Our belief is founded through the knowledge that the resurrection did happen, and that our Lord now reigns. Should the person you speak with disbelieve that the resurrection happened, but says he believes in Jesus. Your Spirit should jump in warning!

So, the devotional is suggesting that one should seek those of like Spirit, and finding them in these dark world, and troubling times, is not always easy. So, the prayer in the devotional is desiring the help of our Lord who reigns. Know that this is not to disabuse you of doing good and it being central in your life, regardless of reward, which is the right attitude to have, but rather to explain a bit more the purpose of this devotional as I interpret it to be.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Active
Thanks for correcting me. :)

I've been thinking so much this year, truly, so much thinking. When I learn the meaning of the parables, what I learn is this: love, and love without restraint, love deeply, and forsake it not ever.

When I think on this the same resounding truth appears in my thoughts, and actually it's the same truth that appears in my thoughts with every teaching; that is--that even enemies have children.

Indeed, when I consider worldly issues today, and when I inspect spiritual issues, the same painful groan speaks in me, which is that there are many in the world more precious to God and our Lord than our company of grown peoples. It's every child on this planet, who inherit the portions that we leave for them. I am not discrediting the promises, and praise be to God and our Lord for his everlasting goodness and manifold blessings--but I am saying that a child, anyone's child, is most precious in God's sight.

Even before I began learning the Gospel of my own accord I learned the hard truth: there's a gap between grown people and children, and it's a terrible tragedy that can be seen clearly through out all of recorded history. I was aware of the Lord before I came to the Gospel, however. Even so, what this tells me and teaches me is something that I don't often see in leaders that manage worldly powers neither in those that are in spotlight positions, and that is that their spirits have not understood the most important spiritual truth there is: there's a child at the end of every word I speak and every action I take--there's a child that will be the receiver of anything I do, because my actions, and my words--these penetrate the sphere of anybody that I come into contact with, and all contact leaves in impression on a recipient, and all recipients enter others' spheres and leave an impression likewise.

Wars, religions, conflicts.. if a guardian is truly a guardian, their eyes would know this.

Active
Indeed, if there weren't any children then the field beasts would grow tired of war knowing that eventually no one would be left.

How IRONIC and EVIL it is then to war with an EXCUSE!

SHAME ON THEM.

Staff Member
Thanks for correcting me. :)

I've been thinking so much this year, truly, so much thinking. When I learn the meaning of the parables, what I learn is this: love, and love without restraint, love deeply, and forsake it not ever.

When I think on this the same resounding truth appears in my thoughts, and actually it's the same truth that appears in my thoughts with every teaching; that is--that even enemies have children.

Indeed, when I consider worldly issues today, and when I inspect spiritual issues, the same painful groan speaks in me, which is that there are many in the world more precious to God and our Lord than our company of grown peoples. It's every child on this planet, who inherit the portions that we leave for them. I am not discrediting the promises, and praise be to God and our Lord for his everlasting goodness and manifold blessings--but I am saying that a child, anyone's child, is most precious in God's sight.

Even before I began learning the Gospel of my own accord I learned the hard truth: there's a gap between grown people and children, and it's a terrible tragedy that can be seen clearly through out all of recorded history. I was aware of the Lord before I came to the Gospel, however. Even so, what this tells me and teaches me is something that I don't often see in leaders that manage worldly powers neither in those that are in spotlight positions, and that is that their spirits have not understood the most important spiritual truth there is: there's a child at the end of every word I speak and every action I take--there's a child that will be the receiver of anything I do, because my actions, and my words--these penetrate the sphere of anybody that I come into contact with, and all contact leaves in impression on a recipient, and all recipients enter others' spheres and leave an impression likewise.

Wars, religions, conflicts.. if a guardian is truly a guardian, their eyes would know this.
Dear twcstp111,
And to continue where you left off.....all must know that the foundation that we communicate to others is based upon the Love of Christ Jesus, that is in us to share.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><