• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Connected to God ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:7)

Loyal
I hear a lot of people saying they don't feel connected to God and just not sure about things. Well from my personal experience there is one thing that keeps us from being connected to God and that is SIN !! You want to get connected to God do everything in your power to stop sinning, why did God leave his chosen people?? simple they would not stop sinning !! God gives us all the chance to repent, so nothing we have done can keep us from him if we repent, I know for me when I wanted to stop sinning and struggled with sin. Fasting, praying and corporate worship, and daily study of God's word all helped me become spiritually stronger, to finally be able to conquer the sins that enslaved me. It did not happen over night. I do not see how you can conquer sin on your own, you need God's weapon his word it need to be part of your DNA.

Being a X drug addict I realized that will power over sin only last for a matter of time before your desire makes you give in again. BUT when you get born again in Christ that desire changes and you don't have the temptation to want to do the sin anymore, it is a miracle. I pray all my brothers and sisters that experience enslavement to sin, can experience the free gift that will set you free by surrendering your life to Christ !!

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I here a lot of people saying they dont feel connected to God and just not sure about things.

Greetings Dave

So true brother, we can only be 'connected' to God, if we are born again.

When we are born again, repented of our sins, asked Jesus into our heart, we have chosen to give up on sin, the world ways and the devil, the Spirit of Christ enters our heart, at that moment, our spirit 'connects' to Jesus Spirit, that is the 'connection' we must have. Jesus abides in us and He wants us to abide in Him. John 15

Once we are born again and washed in the Blood of Christ, we become transparent before God, we will not want to be in sin again, two actions take place, the forgiveness of sin and the cleansing of sin. First God forgives us then the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin, we become righteous. Verse 9 below

1 John 1:5-10 (NKJV)
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (NKJV)

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?
Do not be deceived.

Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you.
But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

I pray all my brothers and sisters that experience enslavement to sin, can experience the free gift that will set you free by surrendering your life to Christ !!

I join you in prayer, coming together in agreement, in Jesus Name, Amen

John 8:36 (NKJV)
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.