• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Conformity With God

[h=1]
Jesus was aware of His rights—His righteousness—with God. He relied on it completely during His earthly ministry and ministered freely. He did what the Father told Him to do. This is the key to the mystery: The Father was in Jesus and Jesus was in the Father—they were One. Jesus’ will conformed completely to the will of God. They walked together and worked together in total harmony. This is how believers are to live with God—not His will deforming ours nor our will bucking against His, but both wills conformed to each other. Conformity with God is a much higher form of life than just merely being in submission to Him. When you conform to God, when you conform to His will and do His work, you will reach a point where you will lean entirely on your right-standing with Him. Then you, like Jesus, will not hesitate to lay hands on the sick and expect God to heal them. You will freely exercise your rights in the kingdom of God as His child and as a joint-heir with Jesus. God sees you through the blood of the Lamb, and He sees you the same as He sees Jesus. This is almost more than the human mind can conceive, but it’s true! I will prove it to you from the prayers of Jesus Himself. Jesus knew how to pray, and if anyone on earth could get his prayers answered, Jesus could. Therefore, it would be to our advantage to examine some of the things He prayed. In John 17:20-21, Jesus is praying to God at a vital time in His earthly ministry. It is just moments before Calvary, and He says, “Neither pray I for these alone [His disciples], but for them also which shall believe on me through their word...” (verse 20) This includes you and me because each of us received Jesus, either directly or indirectly, through the words of one or more of these men. So Jesus is referring to us and prays, “That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee...” (verse 21). Here is the example we are to follow in being one with each other, in conforming to one another and in conforming to Jesus. We are to be one with the Father as Jesus was One with Him. First Corinthians 6:17 says, “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” Another translation says, “He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit with Him” (New King James Version). The Holy Spirit is the life-force of God, and He lives in the heart of a believer. We get our life from Him. As Jesus taught in John 15:5, He is the vine and we are the branches. Praise the Lord! When you begin to operate in these things, when you begin to act on the righteousness which Jesus has given you, then you will realize that many of the differences which have separated the Body of Christ for years are actually foolish and unimportant. We have bickered and fought with one another over the most ridiculous issues. Jesus goes on in John 17:23 and prays to the Father to show them, “…that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me” (The Amplified Bible). God loves you as much as He loves Jesus! He sees you as equal with Jesus—there is no difference in His eyes. Begin to see yourself as God sees you and take advantage of His free gift of righteousness. Your right-standing with God was bought with a high price…don’t take it lightly. The Father’s heart was hungry for a family, and Jesus freely gave Himself for this desire. What a love act!

I borrowed this from my friend Kenneth Copeland. If you don't like him...ignore it.

[/h]

El Hombre viejo;21498[B said:
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]I borrowed this from my friend Kenneth Copeland. If you don't like him...ignore it.
[/B]
This mentality of not liking someone because of he got *one* or a few Scriptural concepts wrong, is a detriment to our Spiritual growth.
Did the Apostle Peter got it all correct? Did Apollos? Did Paul? none of them, except their teacher, Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit in them.

Likewise, we ought to immerse ourselves in the teachings (and reading, and thinking) of the Scriptures from many teachers out there, but realize that our only true guide is God himself, who bestowed His Holy Spirit in each of us to increase our capacity (both heart and mind) to be able to discern false teachings as we grow (not magically, nor through fanatical adherence to a specific denomination or even worse... a single fellow human being).

I Corinthians 3:18-23 reminds us:

18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”[a];
20 and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”
21 So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours,
22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours,
23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

Last edited: