• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Comparing Our self's

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
One of the things we do as humans is we like to compare our self's to other people. Sometimes we think I wish had hair like that person, or I wish I had a figure like that lady. Why didn't I get straight white teeth like this person. I sure wish I looked like that person. Why did I get the bottom of the barrel
physical features unlike all the other people I see all around me? I wish I knew as much about the scriptures as brother so, and so. Sure wish I could preach like this person. I sure like brother so, and so in his preaching style, but sister so, and so is OK to, but not as good as this other sister I see on TV.

For the life of me, I can't remember any one giving me a catalog before I was born giving me the choices of what body style I wanted, what kind of teeth, or hair style, or even the talents that I would be born with!! The good news to those who really dislike their physical bodies, and looks is that the body we sow, will NOT be the body it shall be!!! ( 1 Cor 15: 37-38) God will give us a new super natural body that pleases him, and I would say that Lord God is a very good designer of spiritual bod's.

2Co 10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
2Co 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but THEY MEASURING THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES, AND COMPARING THEMSELVES AMONG THEMSELVES, ARE NOT WISE.

It is never a good idea to compare one self to others as this is very unwise, and leads to strife among the brothers in the Lord, and self pity. If we want to compare our self's to someone then Jesus Christ is the only gold standard in which we are to compare our self's to. As always when we do this we find our self's way short of his perfection, in fact it shows us where we need to change.

2Co 3:18 And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit.

People are simply messengers of God, and should never be looked up to as someone special. What is special, is the message they present to the body of Christ which is actually Christ himself speaking through them. The true acid test to an anointed minister of God is when Christ speaks through them the ones being ministered to will not remember the messengers name only that God spoke to them, and taught them something

1Co 3:3 for you are still of the flesh. FOR WHILE THERE IS JEALOUSY AND STRIFE AMONG YOU, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?
1Co 3:4 For when ONE SAYS, "I FOLLOW PAUL," AND ANOTHER, "I FOLLOW APOLLOS," ARE YOU NOT BEING MERELY HUMAN?
1Co 3:5 WHAT THEN IS APOLLOS? WHAT IS PAUL? SERVANTS THROUGH WHOM YOU BELIEVED, as the Lord assigned to each.
1Co 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
1Co 3:7 SO NEITHER HE WHO PLANTS NOR HE WHO WATERS IS ANYTHING, BUT ONLY GOD WHO GIVES THE GROWTH.

I can not believe how some brothers or sisters in the Lord can not discern the Spirit of God flowing through a minster, and they think that the one ministering is all puffed up with pride because of how the Lord uses them. It amazes me at the unbelief of some. Christians are not immune to the works of the flesh when it comes to jealousy over another brother or sister. Comparing our self's to others is never a good thing as it surely brings discourse and disunity to those who practice such things with the body of Christ.

The only thing that matters is it is God alone who gives the increase, not man.