• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Coming Change

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life, but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence. Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:11-12 ESV

These verses and those surrounding them represent a battle between the changed and the unchanged, the new and the old, the transformed and the status quo.

The changed offer life-giving words. The unchanged speak words that incite riots. The new chooses love that results in reconciliation. The old feels like a bad family reunion. The transformed seeks peace. The status quo enjoys a good brawl.

You have your own internal war. There are moments when you’re all about peace. Reconciliation, and kind words. There are also moments when you want to speak your mind without caring how it affects those who hear your voice.

New-life living isn’t the result of a magic wand. Instead, it’s a process. God’s forgiveness is the result of acknowledging you blew it. His transformation is the result of continuing to admit your mistakes and then obeying God’s blueprint for living.

You won’t get where you need to go on your own. If change is a process, then let God direct the progress. Cooperate with Him. Let the old become new, and the status quo undergo transformation, and then become the promised change.

Prayer: Dear God, let me welcome Your plans for me with open arms. Let me welcome them like a trusted friend. Let me keep them as close as family.