• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Come Home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Your unfailing love will last forever. Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens. Psalm 89:2 NLT

The foundation of your spiritual life is God’s love. The roof? His faithfulness. God keeps you both steady and protected. He secures your future so you can be assured that whatever happens today doesn’t summarize your life story.

Now? You can face the spiritual equivalent of earthquakes and tornadoes with confidence. There’s more. God wants you to stop believing that if things are going to get done it will be due to your own effort, planning, and personal experience.

It is true God gives you skills. It’s also true that work is something He wants you to do. But trouble visits when you attempt to replace God in life’s management office. Make your plans, but God has veto power (Proverbs 16:9).

Throughout biblical history men who trusted God often (not always) stopped consulting Him like they once did. Many ultimately chose a path leading away from the foundation and roof of God’s love and faithfulness. The fraternity of the walkaway includes mighty King Solomon and Judas Iscariot, to name but two.

God always works to remind you of the place where love and faithfulness invite you home.

Prayer: Dear God, You are faithful. I’m not. You love. I grip seeds of bitterness. You stay. I consider walking away. Thank You for being all that I’m not so I can learn to be more like You.