• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Christ's Authority, Your Freedom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth. Numbers 24:17

When Balak, king of Moab, summoned the prophet Balaam to curse the Israelites, the prophet ended up pronouncing a blessing over them multiple times, in accordance with God's command. In his last blessing, Balaam announced that "a star" would come and "a scepter"--a Savior--who would fulfill God's words in the Garden of Eden.

God had told the serpent: "I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel" (Genesis 3:15 emphasis added).

In Scripture, to be the head of something equals authority. Christ "is the head of the body, the church" (Colossians 1:18), and as such He has the power to crush the enemy of His people. If Jesus didn't have "all authority in heaven and on earth" (Matthew 28:18), He wouldn't be in a position to set anyone permanently free.

His authority as the Risen Son ensures your new life of freedom. As Jesus Himself said, "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Prayer: Father, thank You for giving Jesus the authority to set me free!