• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Christians that don't believe in giants

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

The mark of the beast, which I believe is a chip embedded in the hand or forehead is Nephilim tech... It will alter your DNA to the point you are no longer human...And salvation is for humans only. But we've been here already.
It's not gonna be a chip that changes your DNA that makes you unable to be saved, it may happen that a chip in your body changes your DNA, but the reason a person cannot be saved after taking the mark is because, by taking the mark, one would be pledging loyalty and trust in the 'beast' for his salvation, and not in the Messiah Yeshua. Benito, you're watching too many LA Marzulli videos -- LA may have been a pastor in the past, and a believer in the present, but I think he's gone a little off the deep end with his theories.

when they take on human form -- they don't have souls. Demon world doesn't, either.
when they take on human form -- they don't have souls. Demon world doesn't, either.
Sue, where did you hear that? There are a few places in the Bible that have accounts of angels appearing in human form, and I'm sure they had souls (i.e. when the angel Gabriel visited Mary and told her that she would give birth to Jesus). We're even told in the Hebrews 13 that some people have met angels without knowing they were angels. The book of Enoch tells us that demons are the result of the Nephilim, and there were thousands of them. Genesis 6 tells us that there were Nephilim in the days before the flood and also afterward, and the Dead Sea scrolls tell us how they came back, and I'm sure their DNA is still floating around -- there have been accounts throughout history of people having 6 fingers and toes on each hand and foot, some tall and others not so much.

Active
exsurfbum -- Why would angels or demons need souls. 'We' have souls because we can be saved. 'We' were created a little lower than the angelic world. Totally different category of 'entities'.

Not having a soul would not keep them from existing. And, yes, angels Can appear as men. Never meant to suggest that they Couldn't. And there's speculation about the Nephilim and yes there were and about Who they were.

Genetics is alive and well. there are some very tall people -gigantism -- and very Small people--dwarfs / little people. And everything in between. And , yes, there were giants in the Old Testament and some even Today. They are real people with real souls.

David and Goliath is one example.

The book of Enoch is not in the recognized Canon of Scripture.

The Dead Sea Scrolls contain Lots of books. Lots are considered part of our present Canon. But some are called Gnostic Gospels. and other books that have not met the criteria for being in the Canon.

exsurfbum -- Why would angels or demons need souls. 'We' have souls because we can be saved. 'We' were created a little lower than the angelic world. Totally different category of 'entities'.

Not having a soul would not keep them from existing. And, yes, angels Can appear as men. Never meant to suggest that they Couldn't. And there's speculation about the Nephilim and yes there were and about Who they were.

Genetics is alive and well. there are some very tall people -gigantism -- and very Small people--dwarfs / little people. And everything in between. And , yes, there were giants in the Old Testament and some even Today. They are real people with real souls.

David and Goliath is one example.

The book of Enoch is not in the recognized Canon of Scripture.

The Dead Sea Scrolls contain Lots of books. Lots are considered part of our present Canon. But some are called Gnostic Gospels. and other books that have not met the criteria for being in the Canon.
No, Enoch is not cannon, but worth reading, if for nothing else, historical and cultural content. I believe everyone has a soul, it's who we are, not this body that will decay and be exchanged for heavenly bodies in the near future. The same Lord made us that made the angels as well as the animals -- do you see the similarity between us and animals, as far as skeletal structure goes? There's no reason to think that we'd be all that different from angels. I understand all about genetics, and that's not what I'm talking about -- the Bible says there were giants before and after the flood, although the ones after the flood weren't from the angels, they were giants, the Dead Sea scrolls explains how they were made. Goliath and his brothers had 6 fingers and toes on each hand and foot, that was after the flood.

Active
@exsurfbum -- Every Person Does have a soul. Yes. However -- we Also need to realize that in order to be able to accept Christ as personal Savior -- 'we' need to be able to communicate with each other --in some verbal form - - blind or deaf people would be more complicated. But communication Is possible. A person has to be able to understand sin and their personal sinfulness. and be able to communicate that. Angels are in a different category than we are. And the animal world is completely separate in Other ways.

God created Adam and then Eve with ability to have children together right away. They were created in 'our likeness' -- body, soul, spirit. So says Genesis when God created them. "our" likeness meaning the trinity.

And, yes, God Has created Everything -- Nothing evolved from 'nothing and had the ability to Become' on it's own. that's evolutionary thinking. No need For a 'god'.

God gave 'man' dominion over the animal world. We can 'kill and eat' but Only animals. Not other people.

Angels are spirit being that Can and Have taken on the appearance Of people - but they are Not People. Never have been and never will be.

And, there Is controversy about the origin of those Nephilin. They Were Huge people. Men of reknown.

Genesis 6:1-2 --- sons of God and daughters of men. the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and took wives as they chose. Had children with them apparently.
the thought occurred to me. The Holy Spirit came upon Mary and she conceived and produced Jesus Christ. Mary did Not have to have a human man to give birth to a human baby.. So a person Could equate the fallen angels mating -- entities without souls mating with humans With a soul and producing off-spring that were human with souls. And they were Huge people in comparison with the small statures of the men back in that day.

And apparently the fallen angels / wicked Anyway -- produced children who were also very wicked so that it got progressively worse. thus -- a big reason for God to decide to start over with only the righteous Noah and his family existing at that time.

@exsurfbum -- Every Person Does have a soul. Yes. However -- we Also need to realize that in order to be able to accept Christ as personal Savior -- 'we' need to be able to communicate with each other --in some verbal form - - blind or deaf people would be more complicated. But communication Is possible. A person has to be able to understand sin and their personal sinfulness. and be able to communicate that. Angels are in a different category than we are. And the animal world is completely separate in Other ways.

God created Adam and then Eve with ability to have children together right away. They were created in 'our likeness' -- body, soul, spirit. So says Genesis when God created them. "our" likeness meaning the trinity.

And, yes, God Has created Everything -- Nothing evolved from 'nothing and had the ability to Become' on it's own. that's evolutionary thinking. No need For a 'god'.

God gave 'man' dominion over the animal world. We can 'kill and eat' but Only animals. Not other people.

Angels are spirit being that Can and Have taken on the appearance Of people - but they are Not People. Never have been and never will be.

And, there Is controversy about the origin of those Nephilin. They Were Huge people. Men of reknown.

Genesis 6:1-2 --- sons of God and daughters of men. the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful and took wives as they chose. Had children with them apparently.
the thought occurred to me. The Holy Spirit came upon Mary and she conceived and produced Jesus Christ. Mary did Not have to have a human man to give birth to a human baby.. So a person Could equate the fallen angels mating -- entities without souls mating with humans With a soul and producing off-spring that were human with souls. And they were Huge people in comparison with the small statures of the men back in that day.

And apparently the fallen angels / wicked Anyway -- produced children who were also very wicked so that it got progressively worse. thus -- a big reason for God to decide to start over with only the righteous Noah and his family existing at that time.
Sue, we know nothing about angels or how the Lord created them, other than they can move very fast, exist in another dimension, can manifest in our dimension, have hierarchies, serve us, learn from us, and like us, have free will -- I never said or even implied angels are people. Obviously animals are completely different, all I was saying is you can tell that we were made by the same person considering the similarities in our make up. What controversy is there about the origin of the Nephilim? The Bible clearly states that angels decided to leave Heaven and have sex with the human women they found attractive, and out popped the Nephilim. If you don't understand the English translations of Genesis 6, read it in the original Hebrew, it's much clearer.

Active
I'm quite satisfied with reading the Bible in English. Since translators went to a Lot of work to get God's Word to us In English. As well as all the other languages.

Active
You were suggesting that angels and us and even animals have a soul. But angels and animals exist very nicely Without a soul.

Active
A soul is required for a person who Could accept Jesus Christ as personal Savior -- in order to be in heaven for eternity.

WHY would an angel need a soul -- they are, after all spirit beings. Why would they need salvation? They were created differently than we were.

On what basis would an angel need to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Savior? And the angels that rebelled and were thrown down here to earth -- what did they become when they ended up down here? they became the demonic world. Satan is the world's greatest liar, deceiver - - the book of Revelation says that satan, the beast and false prophet will end up being caste into the lake of fire and brimstone for ever and ever. And Scripture Also says that That place is Only meant For those three entities. It isn't created for people at all. Does Scripture even mention angels and demons After the Church is raptured up and out of here? Only that world conditions will get worse and worse.

And the animal world. The various animals have been created with their own animal languages. I mean, okay, our pet dog or cat or rabbit or whatever. Can we sit down with them and explain salvation to them? No. I've heard our feral momma cats 'talking' to her kittens. It's amazing to listen to / they come when they're called when they're really little. They can't do human - talk any more than we can do animaleese.

The question Has been brought up -- will there be animals in heaven. Will God have them with us for our enjoyment? entertainment? good question. I'm thinking that Scripture says that during the 1,000 yr reign of Christ that the lion will lay down with the lamb - natural enemies. And a child will be safe playing with a python or similarly dangerous snakes. But that's not speaking of heaven. It's interesting to speculate. But since animals don't have a soul , they won't be dying in or out of their sins. They will simply be dying. We miss our pets. Some people even have funerals for them and graves // pet cemetaries.

Anyway -- that's how I 'know' that .

Interesting. So you're saying that we only have souls in order to accept Jesus as our Savior? Where in the Bible does it say that?

Active
Well, isn't that sort of a 'given' in Scripture -- God's plan for our redemption -- the cross of Christ -- heaven or hell in every person's future.

Salvation -- belief in our hearts and confession by our mouths. That's I'm a sinner and need God's gift of salvation. Our 'soul' is what accepts or rejects Christ. Well -- soul or spirit -- whether a person believes the soul and spirit are the same or separate parts of a person. That part of 'us' that leaves when we die.

Well, isn't that sort of a 'given' in Scripture -- God's plan for our redemption -- the cross of Christ -- heaven or hell in every person's future.

Salvation -- belief in our hearts and confession by our mouths. That's I'm a sinner and need God's gift of salvation. Our 'soul' is what accepts or rejects Christ. Well -- soul or spirit -- whether a person believes the soul and spirit are the same or separate parts of a person. That part of 'us' that leaves when we die.
Right, that should be a given for mature Christians, but where do you get the idea that only humans have souls? I was under the impression that every living creature that the Lord creates has a soul/spirit, and that's a danger of scientists fabricating chimeras, without a soul they can easily be possessed by a demon.

But since animals don't have a soul , they won't be dying in or out of their sins
Revelation 19:14 says "And the armies in the heaven were following him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen -- white and pure" so apparently there are animals in Heaven

Active
Isn't there a difference between a living, breathing animal and a living, breathing human being?! Both animals and humans have that spark of life in their eyes. And when that 'spark of life' goes out , that animal or human being no longer exists in that body. The body starts decaying at the point of death. As does the animal body.

Scripture says that the dead ' in Christ' will come up 1st and then 'we' who are alive at that time will be taken up, also.

So-- I can understand better Now that the spark of life that goes out when an animal dies is Not the same thing as when a Person dies. The animal world was created entirely different from the Human world. Now evolutionary world would say that the people world is simply an extension of the animal world. But we know that That is not the case.

Was just googling 'chimeras' there are medical chimeras -- people who have two different blood types. As in twins -- one of which died during pregnancy -- or one was absorbed into the developing twin.

There are also 'microchimeras' -- foreign blood cells -- or from blood transfusion -- placenta to baby.

There's usually some experimentation being done in scientific research. Some will simply be experimenting to 'see if it can be done'. Doesn't mean it Will be. If you want to be worried about something, maybe it should be cloning. Scientists have already been trying That. With a sheep -- it didn't survive very long. There was a movie about a guy being cloned --it was in a humorous setting. There was another article about potentially being a half man / half animal -- an H.G. Wells' movie on some island.

If we allow ourselves to get into sci-fi 'what if's' We could be chasing rabbits for a Long time.

There's Also phenomena's about a man having DNA of both his brother and uncle. So -- one might wonder 'who' is actually 'saved' and who Isn't?

Or if ya want to Really get complicated. How about people with multiple personalities. One personality is a 12 yr old, another is a 42 yr old and another is 6 yrs old. When the 42 yr old personality is 'out' , he ends up killing someone. The 12yr old and 6 yr old are innocent -- but are part of the same psyche -- body. So the "one 'body' has to be in prison which includes the other two innocent parts. BTW-- that Is a real phenomena. The movie -- the three faces of Eve was based on a real situation.

Same could possibly happen with salvation. Maybe the 12 yr old accepts Christ as Savior. Are the other two Also 'saved'?

But -- in reality -- is God Really in charge? Yes. No scientific research is going to catch God off guard. You brought up demon possession. The soul is part of us that accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior. If the 'thing' doesn't Have a soul, there'd be no danger of it being demon possessed. Oh, you're think of the bunch of pigs that the demons asked to be put into and the pigs drove right into the water and drowned. Well -- it was Jesus who put the demons in the pigs. Maybe since the pigs only had bodies -- the demons were put in their bodies and drowned. We don't really know except that the person was being freed of the demons. The demons had to be possessing something or someone. So it was far better to get them Out of the human person.

Active
Revelation 19:14 says "And the armies in the heaven were following him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen -- white and pure" so apparently there are animals in Heaven

Looked That up -- that's Before heaven comes into existing isn't it?!

Active
According to Scripture -- there's going to be Peace in the New Jerusalem. No wars. And the portion you're talking about is the four different colors of horses.

Revelation 19:14 says "14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.", nothing about the four colored horses. Funny thing about the 4 horses of color though, they're the colors that are on the Muslim flag.... I wonder if there's any correlation. So, if there are horses in Heaven, why wouldn't there be other animals, including animals we haven't seen yet? The New Jerusalem won't be on Earth, it'll be in the sky.

Active
I still don't think your passage pertains to heaven though.

Check out Revelation 21: 1 - 4 for starters. "then I , John, saw the Holy City, New Jerusalem , coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
vs 3 "And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, God , Himself will be with then and be their God."

Looking at the Revl 19 passage again. Looks like it's the final battle being fought. vs 19 -21.

I still don't think your passage pertains to heaven though.

Check out Revelation 21: 1 - 4 for starters. "then I , John, saw the Holy City, New Jerusalem , coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
vs 3 "And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, God , Himself will be with then and be their God."

Looking at the Revl 19 passage again. Looks like it's the final battle being fought. vs 19 -21.
Why do you keep bringing up New Jerusalem? We're talking about animals in Heaven, and Revelation 19 is still part of John's vision of what's going on in Heaven and earth, read chapter 19

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jaboyle100 Devotionals 0
J Water Cooler 2
N Ethics & Morality 44