• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Christians that don't believe in giants

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Kai

Do all Christians believe in giants?
I have a feeling that not with everyone in the church you can pick up topics for they keep a lot of them closed.
One of them is about giants and fallen Angels. Anything that seems like a myth to them even if it's in the bible. Will those type of Christians will get deceived in the lest days when antichrist will come for he will use great powers? I fear that the churches have became the same as they used to be when jesus came to earth.

That's a good question. Sadly, a great deal of Biblical teachings have been watered down to appease those who wish to warp it around their own ideologies. Throughout the past few hundred years there have been many efforts to ensure that the Bible be as secular friendly as possible. There is a definite reemergence of the belief in giants and fallen angels - the correct interpretation of the Biblical text - however, many do not. We are taught from a young age to question the Biblical accounts and adopt a secular worldview. The two camps which have emerged, cultural and Biblical Christianity now form a sharp contrast. The latter can be seen endeavouring to delve into the cultural, historical and scientific identity of the text.

Will those who don't believe in giants be deceived? I believe that one flaw in the Biblical text is enough to discard it entirely, this is how those who do not trust the Biblical account will be inclined to view it, for the most part. Look around you, who do you see falling into the crowd calling for world peace, religious pluralism and reinterpretations of the Bible. These are they who will fall away. For the same reason as the Jews couldn't identify Yeshua Meshiakh, so to will the gentiles in the last days fail to identify the Beast. He is called the lawless one, the man of sin. Of course, he won't refrain from imposing laws, I assure you that he will, but this is lawlessness in the eyes of YHWH. Another thing we are seeing is disdain for The Law of Elohim.

Active
Maybe we're misplacing our concerns. Belief or not in giants and fallen angels doesn't really affect our salvation. The existence Of demons / demonic influence/ possession Is a big problem.

And, yes, there have been and continue to be efforts to water down God's Word -- make it as secular acceptable as possible.

Actually, I was taught from a young age of Bible's being God's Word and the Final authority. The secular theory of evolution has caused a lot of young people to fall away From God's creation.

I disagree -- finding what we Think is a mistake in Scripture usually means that the context is not being considered -- that is Not a reason to disregard it.

There's really no need to be able to identify the Beast. When that time in history Does get here, there will be decisions to be made -- who do we trust in / believe/ God's Word or man's. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. No other name given under heaven for salvation.

We DO need to get back to God's Word // His Authority. Our personal relationship to Him through His son, Jesus Christ.

No one is under the law -- we are in the age of God's grace. We don't ignore the law -- but it becomes a desire of our heart to obey God. It should not be burdensome to know God's Word and obey Him.

In this present day, there is pressure to avoid God's morality/ ethics. Pressure at work to join in with ungodly activities, language ,etc. Pressure at school to ignore Biblical creation and embrace evolutionary thought, theory. Pressure to go along with same-sex activities of relatives, friends. Pressure to engage in extra-marital sex and to have friendships with sexual pleasures included.

We Do need to be careful to know God's Word and not be taken in by false teachings.

What I was saying is one error in the Bible makes the entire body of work a lie. We can all accept that as a fact. Thus, the efforts to teach that there are any errancies in scripture, at all, is dangerous.

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning G-d created the heaven and the earth

How many churches contradict that very first verse? How many schools support this verse? The very first verse, made out to be a lie. Back to the topic of giants, this is used to make the Bible seem like the ramblings of a delusional mind by the secular world. Interestingly, this is where we get our demons from. The account of the giants tells of the tampering of DNA. Macro-evolution teaches we are evolving, and have already progressed through numerous stages of change. Erase the validity of the account of the giants, and we have believers who have no Biblical reason to reject mankind's latest venture to upgrade itself through genetic tampering and become "gods". A seemingly minor quibble is in fact a potentially fatal flaw in Biblical interpretation.

Back to the original posts question: "Will these types of Christians be deceived..."

I say yes, for the most part. They are not grounded in the word, and left entirely vulnerable to misinterpret the times and the Beast.

Active
What I was saying is one error in the Bible makes the entire body of work a lie. We can all accept that as a fact. Thus, the efforts to teach that there are any errancies in scripture, at all, is dangerous.

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning G-d created the heaven and the earth

How many churches contradict that very first verse? How many schools support this verse? The very first verse, made out to be a lie. Back to the topic of giants, this is used to make the Bible seem like the ramblings of a delusional mind by the secular world. Interestingly, this is where we get our demons from. The account of the giants tells of the tampering of DNA. Macro-evolution teaches we are evolving, and have already progressed through numerous stages of change. Erase the validity of the account of the giants, and we have believers who have no Biblical reason to reject mankind's latest venture to upgrade itself through genetic tampering and become "gods". A seemingly minor quibble is in fact a potentially fatal flaw in Biblical interpretation.

Back to the original posts question: "Will these types of Christians be deceived..."

I say yes, for the most part. They are not grounded in the word, and left entirely vulnerable to misinterpret the times and the Beast.

Your first sentence is contradicting itself -- your wording. The 'thus' statement I think you meant to say "that there are any inerrancies in Scripture, at all, is dangerous" which -- by the way -- I totally Disagree with.

We Need to be teaching the Inerrancy of God's Word. That means No errors in God's Word. God's Word is Truth.

Churches / Pastors need to get back to teaching God's Word as being Truth Instead of giving in to what Society Wants it to say.

Genesis 1:1 -- absolutely true. Society wants to get theistic evolution into the picture. And day-age creation. NO. Bible says 6 - 24hr days and the 7th being a day of rest. And That is exactly what we have Now and always Have had. 24 hr days and 6 work days and a 7th to supposedly rest on.

Just because 'we' make passages of Scripture out to be a lie, does Not make it so.

And I've researched the subject of giants -- and there Is speculation as to what 'son's of God and daughters of men' means.
The secular world Does hold that Anyone who takes Bible serious is delusional -- so be it.

The origin of demons -- Lucifer was created by God as the most beautiful angel in heaven. And there are many kinds of angelic beings. But Lucifer was not content with his created position and his being God's right-hand man. So he rebelled in his heart. And there were a bunch of other angels who rebelled outwardly with him. There was a war in heaven and the rebellious angels were thrown out and ended up here on earth. Lucifer became satan and the other fallen angels became the demonic world.

Scripture Does mention the existence of Nephilim and that has always been a source of intrigue. Scripture Does suggest that when the fallen angels Did mate with beautiful women on earth that giants were the result. People became violent and God said he'd put up with enough and chose to destroy His creation Except for Noah and his family -- the only righteous people left on earth. But Scripture says that there have been Nephilim Since then, also. AND there Is 'gigantism' as well. And That is a problem with genetics / DNA. Growth hormones gone daffy.

On and off throughout history there Have been families / individuals who are Very tall // giants. And they Do have health problems. And in Contrast -- there are dwarfs / little people. Same thing growth hormone problems in the opposite way.

Now IF evolution Was taking place -- the world of more and more giants would be one sign of bigger and better people 'developing' -- HOWEVER -- the world of little people would contradict that As would the fact that giants have health problems.

Back to the comment about the Beast. And 'our' interpretation of Scripture and the 'times'.

Maybe 'we' Should get back to the basics of our personal Salvation. What Does constitute 'salvation'. God's grace or our personal works. Ephesians 2:8 - 9.

IF people removed everything ' they ' didn't agree with , we wouldn't have a Bible left.

We Do have God's Word BECAUSE He wanted us to know Him and this world He created for us.

Active
Genesis 6 is ambiguous. Nobody is 100% sure of how to translate 'nephilim'. Apparently the best fit is likely to be 'fallen ones'. It may be that the translation 'giants' is not all that accurate.

It's a small part of the history of God's dealing with humans, and does not have that much bearing on how we follow Jesus.

Genesis 6 is ambiguous. Nobody is 100% sure of how to translate 'nephilim'. Apparently the best fit is likely to be 'fallen ones'. It may be that the translation 'giants' is not all that accurate.

It's a small part of the history of God's dealing with humans, and does not have that much bearing on how we follow Jesus.
I dont believe that God would allow His word to get messed up in translation.

Active
I dont believe that God would allow His word to get messed up in translation.

Well -- translation means that someone is going from one language to another. No two languages have the same alphabet -- cultures are probably different as are figures of speech in the particular languages one is translating from / to. So the translator gets as close to the meaning / etc. as possible. To convey the thoughts intended to Be conveyed. Going from , say, Greek / Hebrew / Aramaic TO Chinese or Japanese for instance. Both those languages use symbols rather than letters. The message of salvation is the most important message of God's Word. And , no, He Won't allow His Words to get messed up in translation. But it's God's Word we're talking about. How many people don't like That , no matter What it's saying. So Lots of people will try to find Some way to / excuse To Disregard His Word.

There Are those who Do want to know / understand Everything in God's Word. That's Not going to happen. At least not until we are in eternity. And, at That point, it won't matter anymore Anyway. So - what about the basics of salvation -- That determines Everyone's eternal place of residence.

Loyal
There definitely were and are giants in the land. And yes, giants means giants...There is no real confusion as to what Nephilim are if you go to the original language if a person does a little research. People generally like fast knowledge just as they prefer fast food.
The amount of compromise in the church is amazing. The church compromises on almost everything, making us Christians almost identical to the world in appearance, motive, action, and standards.
So, most of the Christian population does not believe in giants. Does that affect our salvation? It could. If you don't believe in giants, what about UFO's and aliens? Do you believe in them? What will you do when a giant UFO sits in the sky over your city and the aliens announce that they seeded humans on the Earth and now at this critical point in our history they have returned to usher us into the next level of our evolution. And they show all sorts of signs and wonders such as you cannot explain. Will you be fooled? Aliens ARE demons. The little greys are demons wearing bodies that have been made for them.
You can call me crazy if you like. I won't be offended. If you ARE fooled however your salvation will be gone, because you will have taken the gifts they give you, and you will not be eligible for salvation anymore. I could say a lot more but I'll let you finish laughing first.

Active
Bendito -- I would not say that Most of the Christian population does Not believe in giants. Maybe it's more that people really don't care if there Are giants. Many years ago there was a popular basketball team -- the Harlem Globetrotters. Excellent with the sport. They were All Very tall men. Extremely tall. Probably could be classified As giants.

The phenomena you mentioned. Fascinating to be sure.

BTW -- I also watched that particular movie. You're simply taking That to the 'next level'. And some of that Is talked about in book of Revelation. Maybe as long as we're sci-fi people -- 'we' won't be fooled.

And there Is speculation as to the Real origin of the UFO's -- whether they originate from Our country Or from 'outer space' -- fascinating speculation to be sure.

Now -- on a very serious note -- once saved Always saved --salvation will Not Ever be taken away from a person.

And who will be giving us gifts that we will take? That 'someone' will have to have taken the indwelling Holy Spirit away from the believer. Scripture tells us that That will not happen.

The only possible 'thing' that believers Might be tempted to take is the mark of the beast -- the 666 on either the forehead or the hand. And God has promised his severe judgement on all who Do accept it. The believers who accept it. IF they do it will due to extreme pressure in society to do so.

Loyal
Bendito -- I would not say that Most of the Christian population does Not believe in giants. Maybe it's more that people really don't care if there Are giants. Many years ago there was a popular basketball team -- the Harlem Globetrotters. Excellent with the sport. They were All Very tall men. Extremely tall. Probably could be classified As giants.

The phenomena you mentioned. Fascinating to be sure.

BTW -- I also watched that particular movie. You're simply taking That to the 'next level'. And some of that Is talked about in book of Revelation. Maybe as long as we're sci-fi people -- 'we' won't be fooled.

And there Is speculation as to the Real origin of the UFO's -- whether they originate from Our country Or from 'outer space' -- fascinating speculation to be sure.

Now -- on a very serious note -- once saved Always saved --salvation will Not Ever be taken away from a person.

And who will be giving us gifts that we will take? That 'someone' will have to have taken the indwelling Holy Spirit away from the believer. Scripture tells us that That will not happen.

The only possible 'thing' that believers Might be tempted to take is the mark of the beast -- the 666 on either the forehead or the hand. And God has promised his severe judgement on all who Do accept it. The believers who accept it. IF they do it will due to extreme pressure in society to do so.
Sue You're a Christian...But if you take the mark, you're finished. If you take the mark. you'll need asbestos water skis for the lake of Fire. And believe me, many many Christians will take the mark. They WILL be deceived. Mainly because they do not know, or care what is going on NOW.
LOL, Those Harlem Globetrotters were an awesome bunch. World famous! But they were tall men. not giants. For example, there are thousands of giants living in the Solomon Islands in underground cities. Today!! Now!! All you have to do is to go there and ask anybody.. Countless people living there will tell you about those twenty foot tall 'people. Giants. That's what we are talking about. Giants, not people with gigantism, not tall people. Giants!

Just for your information, most Sci-fi is nothing more or less than 'soft disclosure' to get you used to what is coming. You'll be completely relaxed when you see it. "What's the big deal? I knew all along..." But the trap is sprung and you're inside.

Active
Bendito -- just looked that up. It's kind of like the 'big-foot' stories. And I saw the foot prints. I'm thinking that there's supposedly a link between humans and 'something' Really Tall on that island.

Remember David and Goliath. And the spies in Old Testament went to get a glimpse of the people living 'there'. The men came back and reported seeing men who made them feel like ants in comparison.

I doesn't sound like Thousands of them. A lot , maybe.

Loyal
Bendito -- just looked that up. It's kind of like the 'big-foot' stories. And I saw the foot prints. I'm thinking that there's supposedly a link between humans and 'something' Really Tall on that island.

Remember David and Goliath. And the spies in Old Testament went to get a glimpse of the people living 'there'. The men came back and reported seeing men who made them feel like ants in comparison.

I doesn't sound like Thousands of them. A lot , maybe.
Canaan was the first of the lands that God had he Israelite take. When they finally went into Canaan, there were 36 tribes of Giants surrounding them....Giants. Sue, Not tall humans, but giants with six fingers on each hand, six toes on each foot and double rows of teeth...They were NOT humans Sue. They were giants. Half human and half angel. Its in the bible.

Active
Bendito -- okay -- your point?! You commented that if 'we' take 'their' gifts that 'they' offer, our salvation will be gone. Expound on that, please.

Loyal
Bendito -- okay -- your point?! You commented that if 'we' take 'their' gifts that 'they' offer, our salvation will be gone. Expound on that, please.
The mark of the beast, which I believe is a chip embedded in the hand or forehead is Nephilim tech... It will alter your DNA to the point you are no longer human...And salvation is for humans only. But we've been here already.

Active
Bendito -- and 'where' pray tell -- do you get Your 'stuff'.

The mark of the beast - yes, the 666 and book of Revelation does talk about it. The rest of that -- it has Nothing to do with a person's DNA --

And what makes you think it's Nephilim technology? You Have been watching Way too much sci-fi.

You make it sound like the Nephilim are going to 'take over the world' -- that's Not what Scripture teaches.

Loyal
Bendito -- and 'where' pray tell -- do you get Your 'stuff'.

The mark of the beast - yes, the 666 and book of Revelation does talk about it. The rest of that -- it has Nothing to do with a person's DNA --

And what makes you think it's Nephilim technology? You Have been watching Way too much sci-fi.

You make it sound like the Nephilim are going to 'take over the world' -- that's Not what Scripture teaches.
Sue my dear friend....I dig deep. That's where I get it. LOL, I know that you don't really think the mark is 666. What do you really think the mark is? Not a card, not a head or wrist band as has been proposed. It has to be a tattoo but that will not work with electronics reliably. It has to be a chip. And yes. An electronic field embedded under your skin WOULD affect your DNA. If the frequencies were right they could and no doubt would alter your DNA to the point where you are no longer human. Now you can deny that and go on with your life, or you can dig deep too and find out for yourself. Belief does not alter fact.

Active
Bendito -- I Do fully believe in the mark of the beast -- as per Revelation -- and it Is 666. The 666 will be strictly for buying / selling -- food to eat -- clothes -- whatever -- no one will be able to do buying or selling without it.. And That is how people survive with food , etc. housing , jobs. And, no, I don't think that That is going to affect anyone's DNA. A person has to Mate with someone and have children for their genetics to be involved.

God Does promise to judge harshly anyone who Does accept the 666 on their hand, forehead.

Actually I did just 'google' about the DNA and all that you are concerned about. It IS true that there is experimentation and all sorts of things in the minds of researchers. And there Are those who 'obsess' over all of it. And it sounds like that's what you're doing. Obsessing over all of it. God is Still in control. and we Need to be staying in tune With God's Word -- not getting side-tracked by researchers. You Do realize that 'researchers' would have robots replacing people at their jobs. Not half-breeds -- but people developing robots.

Loyal
Bendito -- I Do fully believe in the mark of the beast -- as per Revelation -- and it Is 666. The 666 will be strictly for buying / selling -- food to eat -- clothes -- whatever -- no one will be able to do buying or selling without it.. And That is how people survive with food , etc. housing , jobs. And, no, I don't think that That is going to affect anyone's DNA. A person has to Mate with someone and have children for their genetics to be involved.

God Does promise to judge harshly anyone who Does accept the 666 on their hand, forehead.

Actually I did just 'google' about the DNA and all that you are concerned about. It IS true that there is experimentation and all sorts of things in the minds of researchers. And there Are those who 'obsess' over all of it. And it sounds like that's what you're doing. Obsessing over all of it. God is Still in control. and we Need to be staying in tune With God's Word -- not getting side-tracked by researchers. You Do realize that 'researchers' would have robots replacing people at their jobs. Not half-breeds -- but people developing robots.
OK If you choose to believe they want to stamp 666 into your hand or forehead, thats fine....Just DON'T allow them to put a chip into you....I'm not willing to argue this or anything else anymore. I'll state my case and let the chips fall where they may. What a person doesn't know CAN destroy them.