• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christians & Demon Possession

Administrator
Staff Member
Use biblestudytools.com for free Bible commentaries and study notes. Biblegateway.com has many study tools as well.

Loyal
I won't argue with this other than to say....GotQuestions.com is sometimes a good source of help...too often though I find them waaaay off..so be careful...The Word is still the best commentary on the Word.
When it comes down to it though, a person can be demonized, that is to say under attack or oppression of demons....On the other hand demon possession is when a person is totally controlled by demons....In the first case he/she has a choice to obey the demons' suggestions or not. In the second, there is no choice.
With the Holy Spirit residing in your spirit as a Christian there is no way you can be possessed by demons..but YES you can be oppressed or under attack by demons....Paul is an example..Satan sent a messenger to buffet him...And it did until God showed Paul how to send it packing. 2 Corinthians 12:7 No my darlings...God did not put this thing upon Paul. How do I know?
James 1:13-14 (CJB)
13 No one being tempted should say, “I am being tempted by God.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, and God himself tempts no one. 14 Rather, each person is being tempted whenever he is being dragged off and enticed by the bait of his own desire.