• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Christianity and Rebirth

Is there anything in the Bible that suggests of rebirth? The reason I ask is because there is no dearth of cultures that are strong advocates of life after birth. Am we missing something here?

Active

RJ

Is there anything in the Bible that suggests of rebirth? The reason I ask is because there is no dearth of cultures that are strong advocates of life after birth. Am we missing something here?

Touch,

Rebirth, as you put it, is a fundamental truth of Christianity! As a true Christian you have 2 births, one of the flesh or your physical birth from your earthly parents and one is your spiritual birth which comes from God and is your second birth or rebirth.

Paul said with out resurrection the cross is meaningless and resurrection is only possible if you have rebirth or if you are "Born Again"!

Jesus taught this himself. Look at John 3 and what Jesus taught Nicodemus about rebirth.

John 3: 3-7

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.[a]

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[b] gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You[c] must be born again.’

This is what separates us from other cultures and religions, we are born again and have the spirit of God living in us!

Last edited:
Touch,

Rebirth, as you put it, is a fundamental truth of Christianity! As a true Christian you have 2 births, one of the flesh or your physical birth from your earthly parents and one is your spiritual birth which comes from God and is your second birth or rebirth.

Paul said with out resurrection the cross is meaningless and resurrection is only possible if you have rebirth or if you are "Born Again"!

Jesus taught this himself. Look at John 3 and what Jesus taught Nicodemus about rebirth.

John 3: 3-7

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!” 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

This is what separates us from other cultures and religions, we are born again and have the spirit of God living in us!

Thank you for this; my question though, referred to being born again in the physical form (another life post death in this one). Any such references in the Holy Book??

The bible never addresses "reincarnation" directly.

Most believe that we go immediately to a place called heaven when we die our bodily death. The others believe in a few other theories. What happens immediately after death? Pretty sure no one can give out an exact detailed explanation of it, but we can safely say that we are in God's protection and with him. Whether in be in heaven, or on venus, doesn't matter lol.

Reincarnation is popular in other religions, so as a christian I say that it is very unlikely that it is part of the death process. :D

Reincarnation is a very strange concept where the "soul" enters another life after death. This is a very strange concept and suggests the "soul" has no connection with our consciousness.

Resurrection is the only way to be "reborn" after death. Every life is individual and has a definite identity.

Reincarnation is a very strange concept where the "soul" enters another life after death. This is a very strange concept and suggests the "soul" has no connection with our consciousness.

Resurrection is the only way to be "reborn" after death. Every life is individual and has a definite identity.

thank you agua