• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christian Rap

Just to let you know, those who are interested in hip hop, that I have a couple names that I have heard and think are pretty good for christian rap.

I recomend Cross movement, Fanatic of Cross movement, Mars Ill, Lecrae, and Grits just to name a few. So if you want to pump some tough beats with hard core lyrics of the word, check them out. Also if anyone knows of any other christian hip hop artist, please give me some names so that I can download them.

These artist have helped me slowly stop listening to explicit lyrics that I used to listen to on a daily basis, before I was a christian and even now. From Mobb Deep, 50 cent, to N.W.A. If you are having a hard time giving up your explicit hip hop because you love hip hop so much and you dont know what else to listen to, than this is for you.:shade:

Peace and bless out.

Actually i don't like hip hop but thx for blessing me by ur posting. My sister loves hip hop so much & sometimes this thing makes me worry. I'll tell her about this soon.
Once again thanks a lot.

Jesus bless you

Try Faithwalker at eastendrecords in the gospel division he is an independant artist and he is so annointed. He is blessed and he is HIP HOP holyfied for real

well i've felt the same way recently but God has shown me some fantastic lyricists

KJ 52
Dc Talk (Very Old School)

Hope this helps!

Yeah KJ-52 and the Grits are cool. Other artists that may interest you are Canton Jones (who is more like r&b) and Ambassador. Another option is to get the Holy Hip Hop: Taking Gospel to the Streets cd's. They have several featured artists and you can get a sample or song of each to see who you like.

thebandwithnoname

thebandwithnoname is a good one as well. They are form the U.K. and it is kind of hard to come by in the states. Their version of Amazing Grace is incredible

It's funny you mentioned that

I'm a very controversal music person from classical to rock. But rap has alaways just been okay but my brother introduced me to a rapper named "Flame" and now I listen to him he's really spritual. You should check him it out he is very good. My brother also introduced me to Lecrea which is pretty good. And my sisters play Grits and cross-movement all the time.

Last edited:
music is medicine to the soul

I think the music should be medicine to the soul, they are not just only for ears and just keep silence away...greater glory of God and personal sanctification..

I'm a very controversal music person from classical to rock. But rap has alaways just been okay but my brother introduced me to a rapper named "Flame" and now I listen to him he's really spritual. You should check him it out he is very good. My brother also introduced me to Lecrea which is pretty good. And my sisters play Grits and cross-movement all the time.

I agree I love hearing Lecrae and Flame. They rap about God's word. :)

Active
I have to say I love Grits also.

Datruth, I think he might be performing at a Weekend Extravaganza, hosted by the Perfecting Faith Church in Freeport, pastored by Donnie Mcclurkin.
this August, it's going to be a very anointing event.

Hopefully I get to see the Datruth.