• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Christ, Your Peace Offering

Staff Member
"Speak to the children of Israel, saying: 'He who offers the sacrifice of his peace offering to the LORD shall bring his offering to the LORD from the sacrifice of his peace offering. Leviticus 7:29 NKJV

In an I Love Lucy episode titled “The Matchmaker,” Lucy and her husband, Ricky, have a fight after Ricky spoils her dinner party. When he comes home the next evening, he wants to apologize so he brings Lucy flowers and a box of chocolates.

Yes, it’s a comedy, and yes, hilarity ensues during Ricky’s apology, but don’t miss the importance of peace offering. It was his way of saying he knew he had messed up and wanted to make things right.

Christ is your peace offering. You cannot earn His favor or work your way back into good favor with Him. That’s not to say you shouldn’t perform good works in His name, but you do those out of the gratitude of your heart.

Psalm 51:16-17 (ESV) says, “For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it; you will not be pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.”

Your work, then, is the lifelong task of staying broken, and therefore usable, before God.

Prayer: O God, I’m willing to have my spirit and heart broken so I may be pliable in Your hands.