Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Christ....It's Not Jesus' Last Name.

Discussion in 'Bible Chat' started by Bendito, Jul 4, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. So At Peace and I were discussing the Word 'Christ' Because of an attack from the enemy, it disappeared. So we'll try again.
    The word Christ is used so often by Christians that it has become most commonly, in my opinion, understood to be His last name...It's not.
    The word is actually one of the few words not translated by the translators, I'm not even going to try to guess why. It has no meaning in English. Its a Greek word, like the word Baptize. No meaning in English, at the time of the publishing of the bible at least. You baptize your donut in coffee..LOL Baptize means 'to dip , orsubmerge' Anyway... Christ.
    The most common definition of 'Christ' is 'anointed' but that is so incomplete it's pathetic. The word means "The anointed One and His anointing" Jesus ...the anointed One and His anointing. When we talk about Christ Jesus we are most often referring to the anointing of Jesus wherewith we are also anointed. We are anointed or authorized with the SAME authority that Jesus is given. We refer to Jesus Christ we are referring to the fact that He is the ones sent and authorized to be savior of mankind, the healer, the deliverer and so on.
    Your turn.

amadeus2 likes this.