• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Choosing to know, and to believe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Choosing to know, and to believe.

Believing comes from “KNOWING” (the Word of God) , and experiencing comes from “BELIEVING”!(the Word of God). Experiencing the promises of God comes by believing in what you know!

There is something that person must do “FIRST” before he can know, believe, and experience the promises of God fulfilled in his/her life. What that person must do is to make a “CHOICE” to be “WILLING” to do what God says. The Lord God said.....

Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: THEREFORE CHOOSE LIFE, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Nobody can experience life with all of it's blessing until they first make a “CHOICE” to choose life.

Choosing life is by choosing to believe what God says to you before knowing, and believing comes!
Jesus said......

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
John 7:17 IF ANY MAN WILL DO HIS WILL, HE SHALL KNOW OF THE DOCTRINE, WHETHER IT BE OF GOD, OR WHETHER I SPEAK OF MYSELF. (KJV)

The Amplified translation says it this way....

John 7:17 If any man desires to do His will (God's pleasure), he will know (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself) whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking from Myself and of My own accord and on My own authority. (AMP)

Notice: Only the man who chooses to will to do God's will, will “KNOW” (have the needed illumination to recognize, and can tell for himself whether the teaching is from God) the doctrine that it is coming from God, and NOT from man! If any man waits to hear God's Word first before deciding to to choose to be a doer of God's will, will NOT know the doctrine is coming from God!!

Unfortunately, most people will not make that choice until there is a tragedy, or some kind of trauma in their life's, because they see no other way out except to turn to God for his help.

Example:

Many years ago while I was standing in line at the unemployment office, I saw a lady about six people in front of me. She was wearing a mini skirt and net stockings. She turned around to see how long the line was, and I could tell this lady has had a very hard life, and her faced showed it.Then the Lord said to me, “I want you to tell her about me”. I did not want to do that! I was not about to get out of line and loose my place. I waited until I finished my business, and then as I walked out of the building towards my car, I saw another car parked along side of the road. It's passenger side door was open, and two feet sticking out the door. As I walked up to the car I saw this lady laying down on the front seat. I tapped on the roof of her car, and then said, “Mam, I think the Lord wants me to talk to you.” She sat up immediately and then tears began to flow down her cheeks.

She said to me, “Last night in my hotel room I was very depressed, as I had no one to turn to” She said, “I had the TV on and I was switching through all the channels searching for anything to help me. I found a channel with a preacher saying “Jesus loves you and he wants to save you....” She said, “ God if you are real send someone to me to tell me about this Jesus”

Evidently the Lord lead me to the right place at the right time to wittiness to this lady. I told her about Jesus, and I prayed with her to receive Jesus into her heart. I could see on her face a change had taken place to where there was once darkness, I saw light!

This lady made a choice to do what ever God would tell her, and the Lord caused her to “KNOW” that what I spoke to her was God himself speaking to her, and not me. This lady choose to know, and to believe, and it was given to her!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
K Family Matters 0
JesusGivesLifeMeaning Prayer Request 9