• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Childhood Memories with Nature

Childhood Memories with Nature

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I recall that as a little boy, I used to take great pleasure in finding a hidden place to play all-alone. Somewhere in our two-acre yard, I would find a special hiding place in a friendly apple tree or in Spring growth of tall weeds. Sometimes in the old pump house we called "the fort." There was always some place to go; someplace to reflect on life and what was before me.

Even in the winter I had a special place. The closet in my room was deep and under the stairs, so my older sister and I piled up boxes and hung clothes to conceal the smaller space at the end of the closet, creating a little snugly area behind the things to lay out our treasures.

There is nothing quite like laying down reading a book in tall weeds or flowers in the early Spring sunshine, or just watching the clouds float by. If you need ideas, ask a child about it. Perhaps one would show you how. Maybe you can find a loving old apple tree or growth of tall flowers to find solitude in nature this weekend!

Hmmmm.. I wonder why as adults it is considered a sign of panic or anti-social behavior to find a place to go in search of inner peace. So are we just to wait till we're terribly distraught to find such a place, or should that be considered a way of getting in touch with who we are? It all seemed quite natural as a child.

Telling of God's Healing and Fun Loving Nature,
Telling of God's Assured Love.

Author Unknown

Submitted by Richard