• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Child bearing women?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
1 Tim 2:15;

(ESV) Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.
(GNB) But a woman will be saved through having children, if she perseveres in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.
(GW) However, she and all women will be saved through the birth of the child, if they lead respectable lives in faith, love, and holiness.
(KJV) Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
(MKJV) But she will be kept safe through childbearing, if they continue in faith and love and holiness with sensibleness.
(NAS77) But women shall be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
(NASB) But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
(NIV) But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.
(NLT) But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty.

This is one of those controversial verses that is taken many ways. But I have to admit, at first glance it seems women have a responsibility of bearing children.
Now of course there are some women who are biologically unable. There are some women who never marry.
So does this mean...
1. Women have to have children in order to be saved.
2. They won't die even if they do have children. (Couldn't the same thing be said about the un-saved?)
3. They won't lose their salvation even if they do have children.
4. Women are saved because a specific woman (Mary) had a specific child (Jesus)
5. Multiple of the above.
6. None of the above.

Loyal
These verses don't have any requirement for having children, yet they do seem to have "some requirement".

Matt 19:16; And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"
Matt 19:17; And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

Jesus seems to saying here, if you want to obtain eternal life... Keep the commandments. So it is a requirement?

Mark 16:16; "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Jesus seems to be saying here, if you believe "and" you have been baptized, you will be saved. So is it a requirement?
Some people will point to the thief on the cross - "He wasn't baptized". Perhaps, but he didn't have an opportunity to be either. What about those of us
who have had plenty of opportunities?

John 3:36; "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

This verse seems to be saying if you "obey the Son" (Jesus) you will have (eternal) life. It also seems to be saying that if you don't obey the Son.... "the wrath of God abides on (you)".

So is obeying Jesus a requirement?

There are few more verses like these, (I will try to post some of them later). But the point here is, is simply believing in Jesus enough?

Acts 2:21; 'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

Well, certainly no one will be saved without calling upon Jesus. But does that mean all these other verses are null and void?

Rev 3:1; "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: 'I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Rev 3:2; 'Wake up, and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.
Rev 3:3; 'So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.

This church is dead, their deeds are not completed, Jesus tells them to repent. He seems to be saying "you need to complete the deeds I gave you".

Rev 3:15; 'I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.
Rev 3:16; 'So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.

Is zeal for God required? Is love for God required? Or can we be lackadaisical in our walk with God? Is it a requirement?

Rev 2:4; 'But I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Rev 2:5; 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent.

Is loving God a requirement? (I think there was recently a thread about is loving Jesus required).

Now I realize this thread could be taken a little legalistic, but even so... Is simply believing in Jesus really all that is required?
Now maybe we can't do all of these things (the thief on the cross certainly couldn't). But surely we can do some of these things. (even if we don't do them perfectly).
I personally have to say... while some verses and posts lean a little too far towards legalism... there are some other threads and posts that lean a little too far towards licentiousness.

Loyal
"He wasn't baptized". Perhaps, but he didn't have an opportunity to be either. What about those of us
who have had plenty of opportunities?
I would not understand anyone who claims to be a christian and not want to make a public declaration of getting baptized, that was the first thing I needed and desired to do when I left the catholic church, I could not wait. I know it does not save me , I think it is evidence

This verse seems to be saying if you "obey the Son" (Jesus) you will have (eternal) life. It also seems to be saying that if you don't obey the Son.... "the wrath of God abides on (you)".
So is obeying Jesus a requirement?
I think for a lot of people get confused (not you BAC) as what seems to be a law or requirement when if fact they are evidence of being saved. Its seems to get tricky with the understanding (for me anyways) of grace as nothing can be done to get saved ,yet we do plenty when when we are saved, obedience doing stuff is evidence..

For me it was understanding of the WHY works is associated with being saved.

There are few more verses like these, (I will try to post some of them later). But the point here is, is simply believing in Jesus enough?

Acts 2:21; 'AND IT SHALL BE THAT EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.'

Well, certainly no one will be saved without calling upon Jesus. But does that mean all these other verses are null and void?
Man this is such a great point to bring up!! well for the sake of many I hope so, and I know many preach exactly that, BUT I dont see it that way and I know you dont.

Here is what I see when one says they believe with there lips we have to look closer at there hearts, and the condition of our hearts, is the evidence of what we produce that is what we really believe. God tells us they say the believe with there lips but there hearts are far from me.

so to tie it all together, when you say you believe if you really believe with your heart you will see evidence of obeying. not because we have to, BUT because we WANT to

if you say you believe and have no evidence especially after many years, at best your a babe in Christ and most likely you are not saved. The more change in your life the more as I see as evidence of being saved