• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Chastity

I see that I should really have read farther back into this thread to have known just how many of you tried to steer Cote. God bless you all.

Sweet_Mother,

That's a nice name. How did you decide on it? And, by the way, should we be using this particular thread? I mean, I think Chastity is still a strong issue not only for you, but for me and perhaps many others. But it "was" Cote's thread, so what's the rule on our continuing right where he left off? I sincerely thought you might at least be thirty-something...so sorry for making you older. But the maturity in your responses seemed to make it appear that way. Not that anyone has to be older to be wiser. It just goes to show what Christ can do through young people who are yielded to Him! Look at David in the Bible, the shepherd "boy" who slew Goliath! And how about Joseph who dealt with so many conflicts and ended up taking care of not only his family, but people from many regions of the world. Right next to Pharoah! These are no small potato stories, for our God is so strong in those who will seek Him above all else. And, even with my own age of 59, there are days when I simply have to ask the Lord to give me wisdom beyond my years! Yes, ma'am! So I'm very happy to meet you. I've never done a forum before and feel like I've jumped in head first when a friend warned that I should take it slow, read other peoples' threads, and only THEN proceed slowly without placing people on the defense. Well, ha, I failed in all counts. But I'm still hoping for the best, which I believe I got. For, although Cote was the first to make me his friend, I still feel I might have one in you. And when I see Cote in my friend box, I don't think it's a waste, because it will always remind me to pray for him. Have you any suggestions what else I might learn about this site now that I'm getting a little more confident? I think I'll like forums compared to dating sites (which are the PITS). But I needed human interaction as I care for two mentally challenged men in my home 24/7. So I needed folks to talk to who could appreciate the Lord. Are you able to tell me why your fiance said no sex when he's not yet saved? Did I understand that correctly? I find it interesting, that's all. You can call me SBN for short, if you'd like, and I wouldn't mind giving my real name.

I decided the name from already having a daughter of 3mos. but I feel the word "Mother" goes beyond just children, I not only nurture my daughter, but my Fiance and others as well. That's really what God intended from Women with or without children, to be caring and loving to everyone. I've been through a lot in such a short amount of years I also thank my Fiance for giving me the guidance to be knowledgeable AND patient towards others.. he's older than I am. Being his soon to be wife I follow in his lead do everything I can with the Lords strength to be a great mother and wife. My Fiance is not completely saved we're still on the road of progress I have learned a lot though. I plan to make my journey with the Lord a good one in life, take advantage of everything he has to teach. Don't worry I didn't take anything offensive because I am young but I don't act like it as much... My family depends on me I can't be too busy fooling around and indecisive at this moment. Cote is having a life crisis right now so I'll just leave him at that. Well, one of the first steps me and my Fiance decided in devoting ourselves to God was stop having premarital sex, no , masturbation, no groping etc. until marriage. It was a big sin we needed to get rid before starting to work on the others in our lives. We're actually doing pretty good if one gets too close we motivate each other to stop. We're serious about our love to God, we want to show our daughter the best life we can with Heavenly Father involved, he's a huge part of it. That;s why I won't sugarcoat what I'm telling Cote because we can do it, him and his girl can.

May I ask, Sweet_Mother, why you say that your fiance is not completely saved? If he loves God as I hear from you, then what part of Salvation is he missing? Did he ask Jesus Christ into his heart? Because obviously, he is sorry for his sins from the way you describe. So what else is needed? Ephesians 2:8,9 Romans 10:9,10 Acts 16:31, John 3:16 What am I missing? If I may, I'm also hearing that you are believing that "you" must work on your sins (you and your fiance). Are you under the impression that this will make you more pleasing to God? Because the way I've learned the Gospel, there's nothing at all we can do to please Him except to believe in His finished work on the Cross. Believe that He died to set us free from our sins, because "If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36)." That means, SM (and I hope you don't mind the abbreviation), that there's nothing more we need do but to take our sins to the Cross and leave them there, trusting God to help us do right. Am I making it sound too simple? But that's exactly what it's supposed to be. Because the same way we got saved (by faith), is the same way we live for God (by faith). If we've done wrong, we confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Our works are "to believe" that He is able to deliver us completely, though we will always be a work in progress. Because we'll never reach perfection until He takes us home. So is this what your understanding of Salvation is? Or am I assuming that you have another take on it? 2 Corinthians 11:3,4 will tell you about the simplicity of Christ. As well, if we are under the impression that we must somehow clean ourselves up to be fully saved, then have we not made the Cross of Christ of none effect (1 Cor. 1:17,18)? So that's why I've adopted the Apostle Paul's words in 1 Cor. 2:2: "For I determined not to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." It's my bottom line to measure all doctrines. Because what people are hearing today in the modern church is not really the Gospel. Many pastors don't even know that they're no longer preaching the Gospel. So does any of this make sense? (And I don't mean to challenge your faith because I KNOW you love the Lord supremely, and that He definitely is your Savior. I also hope that you don't find my line of questioning offensive. It's not meant to be.
Do you mind sharing what you believe about the Salvation process? Are you familiar with the Scriptures that I quoted? (Before I fully understood what happened at Calvary, I also had a skewed understanding of Salvation and delayed the liberty that comes with being truly born again.)

May I ask, Sweet_Mother, why you say that your fiance is not completely saved? If he loves God as I hear from you, then what part of Salvation is he missing? Did he ask Jesus Christ into his heart? Because obviously, he is sorry for his sins from the way you describe. So what else is needed? Ephesians 2:8,9 Romans 10:9,10 Acts 16:31, John 3:16 What am I missing? If I may, I'm also hearing that you are believing that "you" must work on your sins (you and your fiance). Are you under the impression that this will make you more pleasing to God? Because the way I've learned the Gospel, there's nothing at all we can do to please Him except to believe in His finished work on the Cross. Believe that He died to set us free from our sins, because "If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36)." That means, SM (and I hope you don't mind the abbreviation), that there's nothing more we need do but to take our sins to the Cross and leave them there, trusting God to help us do right. Am I making it sound too simple? But that's exactly what it's supposed to be. Because the same way we got saved (by faith), is the same way we live for God (by faith). If we've done wrong, we confess our sins and He is faithful to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Our works are "to believe" that He is able to deliver us completely, though we will always be a work in progress. Because we'll never reach perfection until He takes us home. So is this what your understanding of Salvation is? Or am I assuming that you have another take on it? 2 Corinthians 11:3,4 will tell you about the simplicity of Christ. As well, if we are under the impression that we must somehow clean ourselves up to be fully saved, then have we not made the Cross of Christ of none effect (1 Cor. 1:17,18)? So that's why I've adopted the Apostle Paul's words in 1 Cor. 2:2: "For I determined not to know anything among you save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." It's my bottom line to measure all doctrines. Because what people are hearing today in the modern church is not really the Gospel. Many pastors don't even know that they're no longer preaching the Gospel. So does any of this make sense? (And I don't mean to challenge your faith because I KNOW you love the Lord supremely, and that He definitely is your Savior. I also hope that you don't find my line of questioning offensive. It's not meant to be.
Do you mind sharing what you believe about the Salvation process? Are you familiar with the Scriptures that I quoted? (Before I fully understood what happened at Calvary, I also had a skewed understanding of Salvation and delayed the liberty that comes with being truly born again.)

No, actually we just started going to church two weeks ago and what I mean is that we're on the processed of getting baptized, so technically we're our not saved just yet! I know that it's God's who does all the glory work I trust him with everything, especially my life. I think I mentioned "sin" wrong in my last post, I didn't mean to get you confused about my faith. God is working on me right now to be a better person, a more loving child. It is a slow journey you don't instantly become a true christ follower overnight, I'm being reborn anew because I want to be in his likeness. Like I'm not saying I have to be perfect no, no way! simply treat others as if it were him, act in his likeness. My Fiance on the other hand is stalling a bit. He's scared to make the full commitment, you know jump off. When you ask forgiveness of being a sinner it's a big deal to the Lord and the angels. They celebrate that one other person is joining the good league, no damnation.

No, actually we just started going to church two weeks ago and what I mean is that we're on the processed of getting baptized, so technically we're our not saved just yet! I know that it's God's who does all the glory work I trust him with everything, especially my life. I think I mentioned "sin" wrong in my last post, I didn't mean to get you confused about my faith. God is working on me right now to be a better person, a more loving child. It is a slow journey you don't instantly become a true christ follower overnight, I'm being reborn anew because I want to be in his likeness. Like I'm not saying I have to be perfect no, no way! simply treat others as if it were him, act in his likeness. My Fiance on the other hand is stalling a bit. He's scared to make the full commitment, you know jump off. When you ask forgiveness of being a sinner it's a big deal to the Lord and the angels. They celebrate that one other person is joining the good league, no damnation.

Hi Sweet_Mother,
I had a lot to do yesterday and couldn't get back in. Besides, I wanted to be quiet before the Lord before I replied. What I want to emphasize for you in such a gentle way is that Salvation is a Free Gift and there's nothing we can do to earn it. It comes to us the moment we accept Jesus Christ into our heart, saying the prayer of a Sinner in need of Salvation. For some, that can be as simple as saying "Help!" For God knows our hearts and he's not in the least amount needing any further ritualistic ceremony (people give their lives to Christ in foxholes). So what I'm trying to say, Sweet_Mother, is that anyone who tells you that you need to do this or that, to be saved, is teaching a works based Salvation, which is false teaching. Does that upset you to hear that? You may go to any church you wish, but if they're teaching a false way of Salvation, then this will confuse you (and those you'll be witnessing to later). It will make the process of Salvation something complicated when it is not. For even a child can understand if taught correctly. It's not hard at all. You just stop everything you're doing, turn your heart to God, tell Him that you're a lost sinner and that you're sorry for the way you've lived and the things you've done. You tell Him that you believe God sent Jesus Christ to die on a Cross for you, and that you believe he was dead, buried, and rose again from the grave to live forever and that you will live forever with Him. And that's it. You have just confessed Jesus Christ with your mouth and believed that God has raised him from the dead just like the Bible tells us in Romans 10:9,10. It's a FAITH matter, Sweet_Mother, that needs no further business than that. When you finish the prayer (that you said from your heart and not your head), then you can end it by saying "And, right now, I BELIEVE I am saved." Again, it's your "belief" that sets you free, not something that you do. Baptism, then, is merely the outward "sign" to the world of an inward work already accomplished. So, technically, if you don't get baptized until years later, you were still perfectly saved in God's eyes all that time. Your baptism didn't save you, but your faith in what Jesus Christ did for you at the Cross. He made it possible by defeating the enemy of your soul, nailing all your sins to His Cross. Every one...past, present, and future. Your work from that point then, is just to KEEP your faith in the same place when you got saved. In the Cross of Jesus Christ (and that's not a wooden beam, but the place where your victory over the world, the flesh, and the devil, was won). So, immediately, you are MORE THAN A CONQUERER through Him that loved us (Romans 8:37). You are, so to speak, in the army of the Lord with all the same privileges of Soldiers of the Cross who've been in this race for a very long time. Yes, you'll need training, just like any other soldier. But that doesn't make you less saved. You are COMPLETELY saved the moment you ask Jesus Christ into your heart. That's the simplicity of Christ and we dare not meddle with it. Did I make this process of Salvation clear enough? Because there are many who want us to be saved and these are people with very good intentions, but they've complicated the issue out of ignorance. So I just want you to be perfectly clear in your understanding of the Salvation process, that no one needs to wait for anything when it comes to giving their hearts to Christ. They just need to be sincerely sorry for their sins and believe that Jesus Christ is God's Son Who died to set us free. From that prayer of faith, we have then made Jesus Christ the LORD of our lives, having turned our will over to HIS Will (They Will be done). So, then, as you already know, the Holy Spirit does the work of cleaning up our lives. We can't do it, but the Holy Spirit does it as we continue to place our faith in the Cross. We can then rest from our struggles and our changes begin happening miraculously. It's SOOO FREEING to know that we don't have to labor and sweat over our failings, but just run to the Cross and tell Jesus, leaving our burdens at His feet. Hey, why not google something (but I hope I'm not out of line here). So I won't say it, but if you email me, I can offer it there, as I suppose that's how it works. But it's a you tube song that will really touch your heart. Will you email me? God bless you so much, dear lady. I'm so glad for you that you want to be in the family of God. And I should think that anyone reading this will want to stop what they're doing to offer a prayer not only for you, but for your child and your fiance.

Sweet Mother, the church is in your heart. Your fiancé may not want to "jump off" because of either a lack of faith, or it could be God saying something else to him.. I can tell you, being baptized and saved aren't the same. I was saved. I've been there. And we are here. And salvation in it's greatest efforts is approaching us. You must learn to be a listening spirit to God if you want him to decide for you. Become teachable, pay attention, remain humble, surrender! and EXPECT HIM. He is the judge. My salvation experience occurred while I was on drugs (mushrooms) and I was with my aunt, she prayed over the drug, and then in the midst of all the things going on in my life with my maturity level, being so young and wise to quiet my spirit, to stop being selfish or full of resentment or control, God showed me clarity right there in my life, he opened up my eyes and my way to heaven, like a latter you must adore to be able to climb your way through it to reach salvation which remains within you and I am forever grateful and thankful for all he's done. Let me say this as well... Satan has a counterfeit for almost everything God has. So when you walk into a false gospel church, don't expect anything lesser than fear, greed, or even poverty, because after God has committed his life to you and you ignore his personal presence for you, when you disconnect from him to learn what other's see on him, whether just or untruth/impurity, just keep in mind you have him, never forget, because when or if you forget, you will lose the son, and when you lose the son you have stepped into sin. And when you choose sin you choose to suffer. After Adam and Eve ate of the tree from the fruit of good and evil, they hid themselves from God. And God began searching for them. Do you believe me when I say, God is still searching? I love all my brothers and sisters in the congregation. I don't care what sin I stake my life up for, I can say this. No sin earns you salvation. Sin is the veil, sin separates you from God and according to his will, he wants the best life for us, to be happy, abundant, and care taking to his people. And I will say this about church - understand that when you select one, you are finding one who can give you this life, one who can show you the way of care free, disciplined life in abundance. If you have been scared fear, none but God, that if you separate from him - you fear you have shut the door to salvation and rest and making peace with Jesus. When you select a church, your pastor becomes a guru, a guide. Your spiritual rest and cleansing art lye in him for he has come to rescue you from all your heavy burdens for God has called on him to rescue HIS people, our brothers and sisters in the true religion. In the end, you WILL worship. It may not be God, and if it is that's fine. But you WILL worship one way or the other. I give you rest in the name of Jesus, that if you find the son and holy spirit, the father will come and greet you into the kingdom within. "My temple will be a house of prayer." - Jesus Christ. (he is speaking of his body and the house of his "sheep", their church and Jesus as their spiritual leader). Jeremiah 29:11 has this... and the lord said... "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Sweet Mother I hope you have a blessed life, financially, spiritually, and you will be in my prayers for a better future. God bless you.

Last edited:
What I am saying is don't follow the church if the church separates you from the grace of God. I hope this helped. And if I said anything to you that may have harmed you, physically, mentally, emotionally, I humbly apologize. I want you to have as good a life as any, and this may not be a life lesson that applies to you, but it definitely applies to me and I'm going to say it here now. With age, you must learn to control your emotions. For what does it give one second to grieve over the loss of life. Nothing. I praise you lord and lift all my heavy burdens up to you. I give you my soul, take it, all of you if you might. I hope one day to acknowledge my steps and walk the walk, take up my cross and follow the path that leads to an obedient lifestyle, without greed, pain, suffering, confusion, or a lack therein the walk in the plan for personal protection and true fellowship in the eyes of his people. God's grace is enough. I'm sorry I have been so stupid to you all. I had sex with my fiancé yesterday and it really got me thinking of a child and I want nothing but happiness for her and I, without selfishness or disdain of the love of Jesus Christ. I need to (maybe some of you here need to as well), work hard, follow the just, let go of temptation, overcome adversity, leave it all up to the lord. I am challenged forever in my life with God. I thank you just and truth for peace across the world.

Last edited:
Cote Dawg,

Any of us can convince ourselves that anything is ok if we lean upon our own judgement apart from the Lord and the Scriptures. Wouldn't it actually be mature if you go ahead and marry her? Does the Holy Spirit not convict you of your sins. Not that any of us can judge you for your sin least we be judged for the same sin. But, this does not negate the fact that unless you repent and as Jesus told the woman caught in adultery, go and sin no more. This means that forgiveness is in question if you and your girlfriend continue to wallow in your sin.

Russ

When was sex specifically for the purpose of having children? Sex within marriage is for the purpose of binding each partner together. Children are a blessed product of sex in a marriage, but there is much much more to be gained from a good sexual relationship between a married man and woman.

If you do not marry the girl, no amount of arguing and poetic language is going to excuse what you have been doing. The Word of Elohim is very simple and straightforward on this issue, and many users have already shown you directly from the scriptures. You must marry the girl. Don't rant about things like "you feel married with her" or "you don't need a piece of paper" etc etc.

If you have decided not to marry her, but to still continue sleeping with her, you are committing sin. And, even worse, you know it's a sin because users here have showed you scriptures and warned you. So please clear your mind of all that overhead and straight up do the right thing.

One of the most important things that Yahweh wants from us is honesty.
---------------
Psalm 15:1-2
Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
--------------
You are lying to yourself, telling yourself false and confusing things in order to justify what you are doing. Start being honest.

If you do not want to marry the girl, then admit it to yourself and repent of your deceitful heart. Elohim will not help with your problems if you can't even admit them honestly to Him. Repentance is impossible with the way you are lying to yourself and trying to justify what you are doing! Honesty should be order of the day!

Last edited: