• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Chasing Riches

Staff Member
Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit. In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle. Proverbs 23:4-5

Whoever first uttered the cliché, "You can't take it with you," was making the point that life is about more than making money and that it's wise to slow down, relax, and enjoy at least some of your time here on earth.

The Bible speaks positively about hard work for the purpose of earning money, but today's verse offers some balance. Solomon, who had learned a thing or two about hard work and riches during his years as Israel's third monarch, offered some wise advice: a man of God shouldn't become so focused on work that he wears out his body, soul, and spirit.

Furthermore, he points out that some may find that what they worked so hard to earn can be gone, sometimes in the blink of an eye. (The 2008 Housing Crash, anyone?)

Nothing in God's Word should be read as discouraging you from working hard to make a good life for you and your family. But take the time to slow down and enjoy life, spend time with your friends and family, and get to know your God better.

Prayer: Lord, help me to trust You in my work life and financial life, and help me to glorify You in them in every way.