• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Chain of Command

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this [man], Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it]. Matthew 8:8-9

Jesus praised this Roman for his faith, which came because, as a soldier, he recognized what it meant for men to obey his authority. The centurion was the forerunner of all those who would come to faith in Jesus even though they hadn't grown up as Jews. He saw the bigger picture.

Isaac, for example wouldn't see the fulfillment of God's promise to him and his ancestors in his lifetime, but when God told him to stay in the Promised Land, he obeyed (Genesis 26:2-5). Just so, each believer has to trust God to keep His promises of sanctification and ultimate glorification--that, as crummy as things get in this life, God is working it all for good.

How often do you sow in fields from which you won't reap? God can bless both you where you are and others down the road because of your faithfulness. When you honor God with your commitment to follow Him, you're participating in a chain of command that serves God's bigger picture, the results of which will eventually be His glory and your blessing.

Prayer: Lord, I make myself available today for Your purposes. Give me the wisdom to be a conduit of blessing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 2
Christ4Ever Devotionals 1
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0