• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Caution: God at Work

Staff Member
The stone [which] the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing; It [is] marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:22-23

On a scale of 1 (basic) to 10 (graduate level), how is your theology of God? And, how is your theology of how life works?

God's ways are light-years higher and wiser and better than any of man's ways. So, even if you scored yourself at or close to 10, you're aware that your theology is a far cry from comprehensive and complete, right?

What happens when it feels like God is dismantling your life? You can become disappointed, disillusioned, even despondent. Ever felt so depressed you couldn't pray or read the Bible? It happens. When it does, you may discover that God is actively dismantling your theology in order to build a much more robust theology of who He is and how life works.

C. S. Lewis said it well: "When I invited Jesus into my life, I thought he was going to put up some wallpaper and hang a few pictures. But he started knocking out walls and adding on rooms. I said, "I was expecting a nice cottage.' But he said, 'I'm making a palace in which to live.'"

Prayer: Lord, sometimes I do feel dismantled. Thank You that I can trust Your intentions. Make Your palace in my heart and life as large and grand as You please.