Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Can't post in the shoutbox

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Giggles4God, Jun 21, 2014.

1. I can't post in the shoutbox. I tried last night and today. I use Chrome. What happens is when I type something and then hit enter a page with what appears to be the history of the shoutbox comes up and a little window box says "The page at www1.cbox.ws says: Please type a message. I then press the okay button and it goes to a 404 not found There is no resource at this location page.

2. Hi sister. I'm aware of the problem and have notified the developer 2 days ago. Still awaiting his reply.

Thank you

3. I'm a software engineer, if there's anything I can help with, please let me know. I'm happy to advise.

4. I can't post to shout box either; same message 404 error

5. Troubleshooting:

I notice when I'm logged-out and I click the 'refresh' link above the disabled 'go' button, I see a message appear at the top of the shoutbox that there are no new messages. In this case, I'd say it's functioning as expected.

However, when I'm logged-in and I click the 'refresh' link above the enabled 'go' button, the error handling is triggered. A new browser window opens and loads the following:
    404 Not found.
    There is no resource at this location.​
    The parameters in the error page URL are "~1-439-7868".

When I type a message in the input field and click the 'go' button, the error handling is triggered and the following occurs:
    a dialog box appears that says "Please type a message."-->I clicked 'okay'-->new window opens with error message:​
    404 Not found.
    There is no resource at this location.​
    The parameters in the error page URL are "~1-439-7868".

6. shoutbox still isn't working for me. 404 error, most of the time I have to log in multiple times before it will long me in also.

7. I just tried it and it works. Try the following:

Log out and back in
    Or try another browser

8. how do I use another browser? I am verily using the site. lol
    I tried again and still won't work.
    sorry for the inconvenience.

9. Two browsers and still a no go.....Like the sister said before me said "sorry for the inconvenience.

Also can't access media. Defaults back to main page.

10. I just tried to post the 10 commandments in the Shoutbox and coincidentally it died. :romantic:
    Same error as I reported earlier.

11. I still receive the same error as I reported earlier. I'll try again in a few days.

12. Shout box still does not work for some.

13. Worked perfectly fine for me, are you still having problems?

14. 404 Not Found
    There is no resource at this location.

15. Posting failed. You must be logged in with a registered name to post.

Can‘t post either here. I often get that message above :D. I am using IE.

16. #16 Fragrant Grace, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Greetings sister @TheWidowsOffering

I have the same problem if I use IE
    Google Chrome and Opera seem to work though for me

Perhaps try a different browser and see if it resolves

The Lord bless you

17. Hi everyone,

I've removed the shoutbox for now. It's been causing problems and quite honestly, not really important to have. It's best to have actual conversations within the forum threads.

18. Is there a place to just post scriptures? Because I really liked seeing the scriptures and encouraging words or quotes or thoughts. :)

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)