• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Can't feel God's presence

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hey all

I've been up four days without sleeping now, been having bad aura migraine which has kept me up until I started developing anxiety and now that's what keeps me up. For the past year and a half I haven't felt God's presence like I used to; I haven't felt his presence at all. I really have no idea why; I pray several times a day and I try so incredibly hard to reach out to him but it feels like I'm sitting alone in a room talking to myself. I try so hard that I start crying sometimes cause I need him so much but there's only emptiness around me, and if anything evil is surrounding me.

He's gone and my life is empty without him. For those of you who say "He's still here, you just can't feel him" that's true to some extent but he's not here like he was before.... Not sure what I can do about it... And I'm really desperate for any tips. Also I see the Devils face in my sleep all the time and I feel him dragging me down to hell. Ive developed quite a lot of anxiety about all of this

Staff Member
Greetings @Seeker89

Welcome to Talk Jesus

Do you believe in the Word of God....let's have a look.

For He hath said I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee
Hebrews 13:5

This is a promise...what the Lord has said is true....He has not left you or forsaken you.

The devil may whisper his evil lies and cause you to doubt and fear...but still the word of God stands faithful and true

Lift up your hands and heart in praise. Rejoice and thank the Lord for His unfailing promises. The devil will flee if you don't give place to his lies.

Pray, praise, give thanks, focus on the promises of the Lord...He is good

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Staff Member
@Seeker89
Have to welcome you first Seeker89 to Talk Jesus.
For whatever the reason, we are glad you have joined this Christian Online Community.
I truly hope that you will find here fellowship and continued growth in Christ Jesus.

That you can identify what is troubling you leads me to believe that this is not a new occurrence to you. You've probably have been battling these migraines for some time. I'm sure you also know that there a variety of reasons/causes for them. Sadly, it seems that this is also happening during a time that you have felt a loss of God's presence as well.

God's presence is still there. Your Sister in Christ Jesus Fragrant Grace is right that God will never leave you or forsake you. Forsake meaning "abandon" you. You know your life better than anyone, except for God of cause. ;) Sometimes there are things in our lives that will also create barriers to communication with people. With God it is the same. It might be something that you're barely aware of doing and might not even consider it a big thing either. Maybe, He has wanted you to change, or guide you in a different direction than what you're traveling in or you're not moving at all and just being "still" without purpose or seeking direction from Him by the Holy Spirit. As enjoyable as being in His presence is, it also requires us to be open to allowing His will to be done in our lives. For you'll be doing it not for self, but for God! Few things are as powerful or as pleasurable as being a vessel by which His will is done!

So its time to take a look at yourself, your life and see if "walking in the spirit" is what you're about or is it something else entirely. I will and I'm sure others as well, will be praying for you. Praying for your health, for those migraines to be gone and that once again you will find no barriers to the presence of our God the Father through Jesus Christ in your life. Amen.

Once again be welcome Seeker.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active

RJ

Hello Desperate,
Maybe he is there, maybe he is not, let's find out.
You asked for tips; I am assuming that means help.
From my experience, yours situation is not an unusual one.
In order for me personally to help, I would like to ask some questions, starting with are you saved, "born again", if so, do you know when and what was the circumstances? If you do not feel comfortable answering on this open forum, please fell free to P.M. me, God Bless!