• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Called to Benefit Others

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness, And will hold Your hand; I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people, As a light to the Gentiles, To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the prison, Those who sit in darkness from the prison house. Isaiah 42:6-7 NKJV

You have been called by God and sealed with Him in a holy covenant for the benefit and blessing of others. The light of God in your life isn’t just for your own guidance and direction. God is with you to guide you and to use you as a guide for others. The states are far greater than your own salvation. Many others will see the light of God through you and will be able to find their way forward because of His work in you.

Isaiah wrote for people who were spiritually trapped and sometimes confined by the constraints of exile in a foreign land. The “prison” here could be both literal and metaphorical, and God’s concern is for both the physical and spiritual freedom of people. The liberation and transformation of God in your life are meant to be passed on to others.

What kinds of prisons do you see around you? Are there ways you can live as a light to people who are bound, whether physically or spiritually?

Prayer: Jesus, help me generously share Your light with others so that they can discover the transforming power of Your light in their lives.

It's in this that I have felt I've really failed. Also, I'm still struggling health issues which I feel undermines me sharing with others..

If people were to ask me about Jesus, I still think I'd be relying on head knowledge too much to be able to respond helpfully.

But theres been many times I've known his help when facing emotional difficulties and troubles largely on my own, and a number of times I've prayed for healing, for example for severe cramp and it's gone. Plus, I know hes answered prayers, occasionally in very specific ways.

I'm just not sure what's best to say to people, and when confronted in the past rather than stand my ground, I caved in.

I'd like to be a better witness.

Apologies, I wrote this quickly and wasnt sure whether to delete it, but perhaps someone else can relate to it.

Last edited:
Active
It's in this that I have felt I've really failed. Also, I'm still struggling health issues which I feel undermines me sharing with others..

If people were to ask me about Jesus, I still think I'd be relying on head knowledge too much to be able to respond helpfully.

But theres been many times I've known his help when facing emotional difficulties and troubles largely on my own, and a number of times I've prayed for healing, for example for severe cramp and it's gone. Plus, I know hes answered prayers, occasionally in very specific ways.

I'm just not sure what's best to say to people, and when confronted in the past rather than stand my ground, I caved in.

Apologies, I wrote this quickly and wasnt sure whether to delete it, but perhaps someone else can relate to it.
I would say, for now forget others and get to know your Father who is in Heaven more, Get closer to Him by reading the Word from front to back, how He has dealt with mankind and His people. And the rest will follow.

Staff Member

Dear SeekerofTruth,
Believe it or not, I know what you mean!
I've come to find out that in my desire to be a witness, that some how either in attempting it or contemplating on how best to do it, I was insufficient to the task! This in truth was the enemy speaking, and was attempting to dissuade me from being a witness to others of Christ in my life. It's stepping out in faith, and trusting that the Holy Spirit will provide you the words that are already inside you to speak. As you trust in this, so will your comfort level be increased, because you will see the evidence of it. Part of this is also staying in His Word. These along with the life experiences that you yourself have gone through, and that God has seen you through, will benefit in your witness.

Make it part of your everyday life, in your willingness to talk about Christ Jesus. Whether it's on the grocery line, someone you know going through a tough time, neighbor who you happen to be helping, a maintenance person coming to your house. The opportunities are almost endless, on the when. You just have to be willing, but if an opportunity passes you by, don't beat yourself up about it. There will be other times that will make themselves available to you! The Holy Spirit will help you in knowing the best times, and guide you in them!!!

I pray that these few words may be of comfort to you that you are not alone in this. Stand tall my brother, because you belong to the King of kings!!!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><