• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

C.Y.A: Better to be Safe Than Sorry

"Dear friend, if you’ve gone into hock with your neighbor or locked yourself into a deal with a stranger, if you’ve impulsively promised the shirt off your back and now find yourself shivering out in the cold, Friend, don’t waste a minute, get yourself out of that mess. You’re in that man’s clutches! Go, put on a long face; act desperate. Don’t procrastinate— there’s no time to lose. Run like a deer from the hunter, fly like a bird from the trapper!" PROVERBS 6:5

So folks, I would like to share an experience with you from the last 24-48 hours. For some time now, several brothers and sisters in Christ I know; have been trying to get me to use a particular "Christian Dating Site," to improve my odds of perhaps finding a God-fearing, scripturally sound, Spirit-filled/driven potential wife. Finally, a few days ago I grudgingly acquiesced; more to be done with the constant prodding to do so, than a sincere desire to undertake said action. In my past experiences, a "Christian," dating site is little different from the others; aside from members generally being more conscious of how their actions/interactions are presented. Just as with the other sites, 70% or more of the accounts are fraudulent ones used to spam, scam, or otherwise redirect to another site that has less structure and tend to be more "sexually explicit." I held no high standard of faith towards a favorable outcome.... LOL; and was shortly confirmed of such.
In any event, I was having a simple conversation of a friendly context, (not one directed towards romantic involvement mind you,) when the young lady asked if I was Apostolic. I did answer that no, I am in fact non-denominational; and this seemed to spark some discontent as she then attempted to tell me the error of my ways, and try to "convert," me to the Apostolic way. I was told that non-denominational-ism and/or any denomination not Apostolic; was a tool of Satan and that I was given to a deception I MUST repent of and turn to the Apostolic faith or be doomed to eternal damnation. I simply apologized for the offense and tried explaining what non-denominational approach truly is; but I was swiftly blocked from any further conversation by her. Oh well I thought, I tried.
However, I soon saw that she had gotten info off my profile and was then using that info to visit affiliated social media sites, even my ministry website; and post slanderous propaganda that misrepresented our conversation, my intentions, and completely fictionalized things said in so doing. This threatened to compromise the message of the ministry and deceptively present myself in a manner contrary to what actually had transpired. This being the case; I contacted the site ADMIN and requested a transcript of the conversation, (since she had blocked me I no longer had access to the PM thread and thus could not screen shot, copy/paste, or otherwise retrieve evidence of the actual conversation in order to present the truth of the interaction.)
However, I received a short, rude, and arrogant email from responding site personnel refusing such a thing; insisting I had no right, and sarcastically making light of the issue. So I replied with the exact statutes regarding information posted within the confines of PM's which do qualify as "intellectual property,'' with federally protected "intellectual rights." I fully stated all applicable legal precedents, as well as pointing out the site's legal obligation and federally mandated liability in the matter; clearly giving them knowledge of my rights, and their obligations. Finally, I asked once more for the requested item; asserting that I simply wished to have that information to counter the slander that was beginning to adversely impact the ministry. I reassured them that I wished to resolve the situation peaceably and legally; and that I wanted to avoid having to litigate to resolve the issue.
They responded by quoting my email, and here is my email:
E-Mail Address:
[email protected]
Reason Code:
questions_and_comments
Subject:
Contact Us (Re: RE: ADMIN, I need transcript from a conversation)
---- Message body follows ----
Sorry to trouble you folks, but I am going to need a copy of the full message correspondence between myself and (name removed), 21 of Grand Island, NE from its beginning post to its final post. I don't much care about being blocked, but nothing within the conversation on my part was rude, offensive, or improper in any way. On the contrary, I lovingly, patiently and willingly answered her questions in detail and offered her further evidences to assure her that there was no will on my part to cause offense. I am fine that the block is there; however, as a full time minister I ABSOLUTELY MUST have a copy of that entire conversation in the event the young lady tries to slander or libel me in attempt to obstruct and compromise the ministry. Please either email me the transcript of the entire conversation or restore my acct's ability to view it via my acct screens so i can copy and paste it, and have it filed with the attorney. This is a request that is subject to the domestic laws regarding a third party's possession of a person's written, verbal or recorded audio conversation and personal right to protect privacy; ensuring that a lack of access to said relevant information does not detrimentally effect said individual. Thus I have legal right to this transcript and you have legal obligation not to withhold. Your right in order to protect privacy of your "clients," is to block or delete the specific names of each individual and any information as to their location or personal information/affects. Thus, you may remove all names, location data, and personal information not subject to my right to transcript of conversation. I neither contend nor contest the block. All I need is the messages to and from; I need no name, or other data, and I am giving you opportunity to provide that information before I even consider pursuing suit to have you unfortunately under court order to release those items. Keep in mind, should you refuse and this need to go to litigation, it will likely cause a 'freeze,' to your site and any income that would be accrued for the duration of the proceedings; which could take a year or more. Please do us all a favor and release the transcript as requested per legal right and constitutional legality. Thank you.
---- End of message ----
And here's the reply:
Mark [email protected] via freshdesk.com
7:50 AM (7 hours ago)
to me
Hello,
I do not see where the person has threatened you or harmed you in any way.
Taking legal action just because you were blocked? That is hardly a crime.
If you wish to pursue this, then we will provide the information to Law enforcement upon receipt of a legal subpoena.
(END)
1). I will note that I did not say I was being threatened or harmed...LOL! I said I needed the evidence of the conversation to protect myself from the potentially detrimental actions which could follow. (And indeed this has since been proven accurate as she has made clearly intentional actions to compromise the ministry and myself by misrepresenting the conversation and making up false statements on my peripheral social media and ministry platform.) 2). I will note that nowhere did I claim to be taking legal action for being "blocked," rather these are my quotes regarding the "block":"I don't much care about being blocked," "I am fine that the block is there,", " Your right in order to protect privacy of your "clients," is to block or delete the specific names of each individual and any information as to their location or personal information/affects." and "I neither contend nor contest the block." 3). I actually did not proclaim that I was taking legal action; I merely established a foundation should it be necessary and gave them the opportunity to avoid litigation if at all possible.

After this response I decided to copy and paste every legal statute applicable to the situation, posting the email thread from both parties, and I took the liberty to screenshot my current account as it stood on the site-just in case. Before I sent the email off I tried to login that account and ensure they hadn't resolved the issue; but as it turned out they had deleted the account and all record of my having one-even sending an email saying they had no record of me ever having had an account there! This was obviously their attempt to cover up and erase all evidence of my acct in an attempt to compromise my case. I just laughed; having screen-shotted the existence of my account with the times and dates of all posts/messages not blocked. I then added those pieces of evidence to my email with the documented email thread, the legal statutes, and third/final request for the transcript before pursuing the litigation it seemed they gave me no choice but to pursue.

This is the responding email I got:

****** Support via freshdesk.com
2:12 PM (2 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear SHINY4U JESUS,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 24 hours).

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit
https://**********net.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/*******

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
******Net Support Team
Upon review of this "ticket order," it seems they had elected to restore my original account and "generously," accede to the original request that I asked! Finally, persistence and thorough preparation; solid foresight and observance of policy; and being overly gracious in pursuing a peaceable resolution paid off! Thus, there are some morals of this story:
MORAL 1). Know your rights and the things within your power to ensure those rights are met.
MORAL 2). Be prudent in documenting anything and everything that may be pertinent in a worst case scenario.
MORAL 3). Be certain you have a solid legal, moral and spiritual foundation to stand secure when things get dicey.
MORAL 4). DON'T EVER jump the gun. Observe due process or your case can be compromised simply in not taking the steps necessary to avoid the necessary end result.
MORAL 5). Dating sites are not the ideal means to secure a quality wife...LOL!
MORAL 6). CYA- Cover Your Anterior end(donkey,) because it can save you.

Let us always act with prudence and wisdom; for the world will always seek to obstruct justice, truth, and the genuine movements of God. Thanks n God Bless!