• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

BUT JESUS SAID

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
<<< SEEKING FEEDBACK >>>>

Hello,

I'm putting to get a poster for a Christian blog that I support. Before I posted the image I wanted
to check with the community here and get some feedback on what to add or change. I think you
will get the point pretty clearly as you begin to read below. I'm trying to draw the contrast between
Jesus and the world/ other religions. Let me know what to add or how to better clarify the points
below, I'm trying to go for conciseness. Thanks. I will add the Bible verse references in later.

-------------------------------------

[CENTER]BUT JESUS?[/CENTER]

Proper Priority--The Buddhist says purify your heart from sensual desires and you will find enlightenment.
Christianity says do not deny your desires, but seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.

Total Dependency--The world says you can do anything you set your mind to if you work hard enough,
Jesus said apart from me you can do nothing. Nothing of true value, nothing of eternal worth.

Completed work--Islam says if you work hard enough and do enough good works Allah might accept
you, but Jesus said you can't be good enough to reach God's standard, only Jesus
lived a perfect life so salvation comes not by works but by faith.

One death--Hinduisms seek to be free from the law of karma and continuous reincarnations to reach
spiritual perfections, but the Bible says it is appointment unto man once to die, than the judgement.
Jesus has already made us free from the law of sin and death, spiritual perfection is found
in him.

One road--The Baha’i says multiple roads lead to God. but Jesus said I am the
way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the father but by me.
There is only one road to God, Jesus is that narrow road.

Our purpose--Many pagan religions state that we are all divine and all one the creation.
The Bible tells us that the creator is separate from His creation and exist outside of
time. He created us for relationship with Him not with the creation (trees, birds, etc).

Eternal perspective--The Hedonistic lives for pleasure, enjoying all that they can
out of this world. But Jesus said, what good is if you gain the whole world but lose your soul?

The Heart --The Secular culture says follow your heart and let it lead you,
but the Bible says the heart is desperately wicked, instead
follow Christ.

One God--New age spiritual beliefs say that we are all Gods.
But the Bible says there is only one true God, we were created in His
image, and through Jesus can be adopted into His family.

Empty Tomb---In every other religion their leader's body still lays buried in the grave. But in Christianity
there is no body for Jesus because He resurrected from the dead and ascended into heaven.