• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Busy days

BUSY DAYS

Mark 6:30-32 (NRSV)

The apostles gathered around Jesus, and told him all that they had done and taught. He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves.

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
- Mark 1:35 (NIV)

ANXIETY about my "to-do" list jarred me awake at 4:30 a.m. I tried to fall asleep again, but frantic thoughts frazzled my nerves. How will I get everything done?

In the quietness, I recalled Jesus' schedule as described in the Gospel of Mark. When crowds of people demanded his attention, how did he cope? He slipped away early in the morning to spend quiet time alone with his heavenly Father.

Like me, people all over the world face busy days. Some balance two jobs to provide for their family's needs; some must work from sunrise to sunset just to get enough food to survive. Some provide round-the-clock care for a disabled spouse, aging parents, or small children. With such important demands on our time, it is easy to eliminate Bible reading and prayer, thinking we don't have time for them. But in reality, our fellowship with God is where we find strength to face life's demands.

If Jesus drew apart for strength, how much more should we? His example reminds us to make time with God a priority.

Prayer: Dear Lord, thank you for inviting us to draw apart and find renewal in you. Help us make time with you a daily priority. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The more demands we face, the more we need to pray.

Grace Fox (British Columbia, Canada)
Submitted by Richard