• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Business Ethics

Background: How Intel Eliminated War From Its Supply Chain

In recent years, technology giant Intel has worked hard to ensure the semiconductor metals it obtains from mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo benefit actual miners rather than the warlords that wage bloody civil conflicts in the country, as was once the case. With these efforts, Intel is attempting to maintain ethical business practices.

Business ethics or "corporate social responsibility" is a topic that fascinates me (I even did my senior thesis on it in college), but I've had few opportunities to reflect on it with other Christians. What moral obligations do we, as Christians, think the corporate world has?

Some think that companies do good just by doing business--creating jobs and strengthening economies. For example, even if Intel took no interest in their suppliers' wellbeing, their dealings with the Congo have brought much needed commerce to an impoverished nation.

Others feel that businesses should only refrain from doing anything unethical or anything that brings unethical results. Intel has done this by working to stop funding warlords.

One final opinion is that companies should practice intentional giving with the communities and countries from which they profit.

As individual Christians, we understand God's directions on stewardship and cheerful giving, but how, if at all, does that relate to the business world? I'd love to hear some thoughts on this.

Loyal
Intel is also a main contributor to LGBT organizations. ( I contracted for Intel in the past )
We have organizations like Microsoft and Starbucks that are also some of the main contributors for this.

Then there are companies like Chick Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, and In and Out burger which hold to Biblical
marriages and include Bible passages on the merchandise bags they distribute.

Marriots Hotels, and JetBlue have Mormon based management.
Many Marriot hotels have taken the Gideon Bible out, and put copies of the Book of Mormon in their place.

I am all for Biblical values... but unfortunately, many who call themselves 'Christian based'... do not support
Biblical values.

Intel is also a main contributor to LGBT organizations. ( I contracted for Intel in the past )
We have organizations like Microsoft and Starbucks that are also some of the main contributors for this.

Then there are companies like Chick Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, and In and Out burger which hold to Biblical
marriages and include Bible passages on the merchandise bags they distribute.

Marriots Hotels, and JetBlue have Mormon based management.
Many Marriot hotels have taken the Gideon Bible out, and put copies of the Book of Mormon in their place.

I am all for Biblical values... but unfortunately, many who call themselves 'Christian based'... do not support
Biblical values.
I'm glad you mentioned Chick-fil-A in your post, as I think it's an excellent example of a company that follows Christian values as well as "corporate social responsibility." I have always admired the numerous nonprofit projects such as the WinShape Foundation that the original founder, S. Truett Cathy instigated.