• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Burden Bearer

Staff Member
Along the way, they came across a man named Simon, who was from Cyrene, and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus' cross. Matthew 27:32

Simon was reluctantly recruited to carry the cross of a severely beaten man. The encounter was unexpected. Simon of Cyrene wasn't there when Pilate sentenced Jesus. He wasn't there when the soldiers beat Him. He wasn't there when disciples ran in fear. Those closest to Jesus weren't around, so a stranger took their place.

No words between the two men were recorded, but Simon might have felt unhappy at being forced to carry the cross. He might have seen weary compassion in Jesus' face. He might have felt a lump in the throat knowing there was nothing that could save this man from death.

Sometimes encounters with Jesus are unexpected and misunderstood. There are times you'll read or hear something that only makes sense later. In that moment, you may find beautiful mysteries in your daily journey.

How does this connect to President' Day? While no ruler compares to Jesus, every ruler experiences sacrifices. Every president needs people to help them. Pray for the president. Pray for those who help.

Prayer: Dear God, I'm grateful for leaders who sacrifice and for those who support them. I'm grateful that Simon helped Your Son. I'm grateful that I can trust You with my burden and that I can serve. Your are my example.