• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Building our Foundation upon the Foundation

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Building our Foundation upon the Foundation

Luke 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Luke 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

Trees are known by the “fruit” they bear. The Bible refers to men as “trees”, the planting of the Lord.

Isa 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; THAT THEY MIGHT BE CALLED TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, THE PLANTING OF THE LORD, THAT HE MIGHT BE GLORIFIED.

If we are called “TREES OF RIGHTEOUSNESS” the planting of the Lord, then how dose a “tree” “Glorify” God who planted it? By bearing much fruit, as Jesus once said....

John 15:8 HERE IN IS MY FATHER GLORIFIED, THAT YE BEAR MUCH FRUIT; so shall ye be my disciples.

The fruit that a Christian bears does not come from the person them self, but from the “seed” that was planted in them!! We have been born again not of corruptible, but by the incorruptible “SEED” of the Word of God.

1Peter 1:23 Being born again, NOT OF CORRUPTIBLE SEED, BUT OF INCORRUPTIBLE, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

The exact next verse after Jesus said, “.. For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit.....” Jesus said this....

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Notice the similarity in Luke 6:43 to verse 45 which refers to bearing good “FRUIT” to bringing forth “GOOD”. A corrupt tree can NOT bring forth good fruit, or good!!!

As the Apostle Paul once said, “Be not be overcome with evil, OVER COME EVIL WITH GOOD!!!” (Roman 12:21) The Word of God which is good is the only thing that can over come evil.

Then Jesus said this right after verse 45......

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luke 6:47 WHOSOEVER COMETH TO ME, AND HEARETH MY SAYINGS, AND DOETH THEM, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Luke 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and DIGGED DEEP, AND LAID THE FOUNDATION ON A ROCK: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
Luke 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

The sequence to victory is found in verse 47. We must first COME TO JESUS. Second, we must HEAR HIS WORD. Thirdly, WE MUST DO WHAT HE (THE WORD) SAYS TO DO. We must lay our foundation upon the only foundation that has been laid. (1 Cor 3:11)

Notice: verse 48 it says the man who hears God's Word and "does" it, is like a man who digged deep and LAID HIS "FOUNDATION" UPON A "ROCK". Jesus Christ is the "Rock", but man's "Foundation" is the "doing" the Word!! Man's "foundation" (doing the Word) must be upon the Word (the Rock) Man lays his “foundation” upon the “Rock”!!!

If we are going through bad times, and when we first begin to confess the Word of God, the first thing that must change is us, before our bad times can change. The Word must first be in abundance in our heart before the good man brings forth good things. Even though the Word of God is good, and it is that which comes out of our mouths (when it is in abundance), that same Word is what changes our situations!!

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9 Whom RESIST STEADFAST IN THE FAITH, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

If we are not "IN THE FAITH" then we can not resist the devil successfully!! Faith only comes by hearing the Word of God, which comes by speaking the Word of God, and getting it abundantly into our hearts, which in turn causes us to bring forth good things to pass, by that same Word.

Any Christain who has been saved for any length of time will eventaully come to the conclusion that "EVERYTHING" we do, say, or think is totally dependant upon God's Rock which is the foundation we build our foundation upon!!
:smile: