• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Building Good Things

Staff Member
Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. Psalm 127:1 NKJV

It’s probably safe to say that there is at least one do-it-yourself book for just about any life endeavor. Do you want a strong marriage? There are countless publications out there devoted to married life. Do you need to repair your car but can’t afford a mechanic? You can find many books about car repair. How about building a house? Again, tons of books that can help you construct one from the ground up.

At a glance, it looks like today’s verse specifically addresses the importance of seeking God as you build a literal house. But there is a deeper meaning here, and it’s this: God does not want us to approach our endeavors with an attitude of self-sufficiency. In fact, when we do that, we’re likely to end up feeling frustrated, empty, and defeated.

God wants to build great things in your life: a strong relationship with Him, a good marriage, and a powerful ministry—just to name a few. Your part in that deal is to step back and let Him lead in the building.

Prayer: God of power, remind me daily to approach everything I do with humility, knowing that You are the source of everything good that I receive or accomplish—at work, in my marriage and family and in my church.