• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Building a Life

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:4)

Staff member
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: Matthew 7:24

Imagine everything you've worked for in life--your education or career or even family--crumbling under the assault of a natural disaster. Now imagine that instead of an earthquake, flood, or fire, you're to blame. Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 7:21)

It's just as big a disaster to call yourself a Christian and not live by what the Bible says as it is to never receive Him at all. That doesn't mean you must be perfect--in fact, that's the whole point. Rather than trying to be something you're not and never could be, and nothing could ever make Him love you less.

He just wants an honest day's work from you--living out His will for your life, letting His words be your guide. "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you" (Psalm 9:10).

Prayer: Lord God, let my actions match Your words. May I never pretend to be something You haven't made me to be.