• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Broken

Psalm 34:18--

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

We are always so SCARED of admitting how broken we are. Scared to admit when we are hurting. Scared to admit we are failing at the very job we have of loving God. An amazing man of God Mike Yankoski once wrote "I wonder if pretending we're not brokenhearted keeps God at a distance?" in his book Under The Overpass.

I feel completely broken right now. My heart feels ripped in pieces, and my mind fails at thinking about anything else. God is close. God knows the difference between being genuine and being fake and He calls us on these things constantly.

God qualifies the unqualified. Us.

Did you know we were ineligible for heaven without Christ?

Inelgible is defined in the dictionary: unworthy of being chosen.

We were unworthy of being chosen before God rescued us. Broken pots spill more water.

peace in Christ,
AJ

I worked as a counselor at a Bible Camp this last weekend and I learned so much. Not even from the Bible studies I was leading, or from the lessons from the activities, but just God working in my heart!

One of the biggest things I learned is that it's ok to be broken. Broken pots spill more water. That's our goal. To spread the water of life (Jesus Christ) all around.

Hello Rescued,

Being broken is essential in being a christian. Before God can rebuild us as He needs us to be, He must first tear us down.

Matthew Ch5 vs 3; Blessed are the poor in spirit: for their is the kingdom of heaven.

I am often broken by the sadness of understanding that even one soul will be lost to Jesus Christ forever...

I think you are correct. God wants us broken to ourselves

"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

He also uses our broken spirits to draw us closer to Him.

Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

When I am broken I realize how inadequate I truly am in life and realize how strong and amazing He truly is. He qualifies us. How underserving we are..

In Jesus,
AJ

submit to Christ

Hello all,
I am new here and was just reading this it is very good. I had to be broken to come to Christ. When I was okay I was really in deep trouble. It was when the Holy Spirit broke me and humbled me, then I sought out Jesus Christ.
Yes we are to die to self and take up our cross daily and live for Him in everything we say and do. Again I say hi to all. God Bless all.

one of His warriors,
Debbi :thumbs_up

I too had to get over myself and came to a climax moment in life. I was surrounded by my bad choices, crummy reasoning, and more lies than could be counted. Some might call this "rock bottom" I prefer to call this life "Voided Oblivion" if it's spent without Christ.

"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23

I know that God chose me and rescued me from all darkness and death forever.

"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

It is by His grace that we can accomplish anything--including breathing.

"..When by His light I walked through darkness." Job 29:3

We can do nothing apart from God...

"I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 [Jesus Speaking]

But WITH God we can move moutains!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

He is worth giving up our everything just to follow Him!

"The theif comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full!" John 10:10 [Jesus Speaking]

Follow hard after Jesus Christ!

In Jesus,
AJ