• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Bring on the Peace

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Be at peace among yourselves. 1 Thessalonians 5:13 NKJV

Be at peace among yourselves. Five words that represent new-life living. Five words that assign responsibility to those who read them. Five words that helped define the early church.

John 14:27 (NKJV) helps define this peace. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.”

God’s peace isn’t always the absence of conflict, but it’s brought to light by how you respond to conflict. Troubling circumstances don’t have to boss you around and tell you what to do. Choose your response wisely. It’s the visible fruit of personal transformation.

When your life isn’t defined by peace, it could be that God is working to transform your response. You could have trust issues with the God who offers peace—peace you can’t begin to understand (Philippians 4:5-7).

First Timothy 5:13 describes four things that leave you without peace. First, being idle. Second, spreading gossip. Third, being a busybody. Fourth, saying things you shouldn’t.

A lack of peace leaves you restless. You compensate by doing and saying things that leave footprints of disharmony. God’s peace is equal parts knowing what to avoid and knowing God can be trusted.

Prayer: Dear God, bring new-life answers to old internal battles. Help me avoid things that push peace away. Help me stay close to You as You change me.