• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Bound on earth, bound in heaven?

The authority of the church is not to decide what to do and then have God back up their decision. The authority of the church is to carry out the will and decisions of God upon earth as they have been established in heaven. This is in perfect accord with the way Jesus instructed us to pray: "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10).

^Conclusion @ Popup Template

My conclusion-v

Thus what is bound or loosed on earth is simply what God tells us to & has already been done in heaven.
So no worries.
:wink:

Last edited:
Note to Kingskid

Isaiah 61 does not say "bind the works of the devil" (It says "bind up the broken hearted). We are not to preach "some other gospil." While I and others might understand your logic, that is not what the Lord's Word says.

Please be careful about that my brother.

Furthermore, Christ defeated the devil with his death and resurrection. His sacrifice is sufficient for all of us.

As others have already pointed out, I find NOWHERE in the scriptures that Christ or the apostles Bound a devil or evil spirt. Nor anywhere that the Holy Spirit or ministering spirits were loosed.

I do, however, see many places where we are to draw close to God or Christ and He will draw close to us.

I suggest that since this is already directed in the word, then I believe that it is already done in heaven. Therefore, I think that we believers can gain much strength and direction from God Jesus and the Holy Spirit by "binding ourselves" to them for stability and direction and loosing from us all wrong attitudes, beliefs and behaviors.

A sample prayer might be: Dear God I bind my will to your will, my mind to the mind of Christ and my emotions to the direction and control of the Holy Spirit. By your scriptural authority, I loose, tear down, smash and open all stronghlds within me for your healing touch, mercy and blessing. I choose to submit to you completely and receive your direction and guidance in where I walk and in all that I say and do that it may serve you, please you and be for your glory. In Jesus' name I pray Amen

Last edited:
Staff Member
Luke 13:11-16
And, behold,

there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

And when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.
And He laid His hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation, because that Jesus had healed on the sabbath day, and said unto the people, There are six days in which men ought to work: in them therefore come and be healed, and not on the sabbath day.
The Lord then answered him, and said, Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or his donkey from the stall, and lead him away to watering?

And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?

John 14:10-14
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?

the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.

] Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me: or else believe Me for the very works' sake.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you. 1Peter 1:25

Last edited:
An "infirmity" is not a ministering spirit.

Also by Christ's own word in the scripture you quoted the woman was "bound" 18 years by Satan. Christ "loosed" her from being bound.

Again: By Mathew 16:19 and Mathew 18:18, whatsoever is already bound in heaven may be bound on earth and Whatsoever is already loosed in heaven (or documented in the scripture - as this "loosing is") may be loosed on earth.

In the two scriptures in Mathew, Christ gave his apostles the "Keys to the Kingdom." By them they received the authority to act on earth acording to His authority already established in heaven. We, as His disciples are given this same authority as directed by His Holy Spirit and the Word of God to act to "bind or Loose" as Christ would have done if He were physically present. Our actions are to be spirit led and are to be understood as Him acting in and thru us. We do not act in our own authority, but only in and through the authority of Chist as directed and led by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Christian newspapers

They can rather open Christian Newspapers and publish stuff about Christianity in the newspapers instead of stuff about crime. Imagine if there is only Christian newspapers all people will hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This has been a very interesting topic.
I want to share something that happened a coupe of years ago which I believe gives some insight into binding demonic works.

I lived in a neighborhood which had great opportunity for anyone who loved to pray. There happened to be a house on one corner, across the street from me and two houses down. One night the phone rang and I got up to answer it. It was about 2 a.m. and the phone caller had the wrong number. As I returned to bed, one of my dogs was growling. This particular dog would growl if she heard anyone outside talking and if they were coming to the house she would bark. I got back up and went to the front door. It was a rainy night and as I looked down the street, I heard voices coming from the corner house. One angry male voice was yelling,"Hold her up, she's slipping down!". Then another voice, a woman's, cried out ,"He's stabbing me, he's stabbing me!" I told my husband to call the police. I was trying to see where these people were and then I saw that it was a woman and the voices were all coming from her. The police came and spoke with her and she answered them quietly and in a normal manner.
After the police left, the voices started up, the male voice very angry. I began to pray about this and then spoke to the demons in this woman. I told them to be quiet and to not manifest in this woman. The next thing was this woman walking toward my house. I told the demons that I knew a name, a name by which all must bow and confess...the woman came to the front of my house, bowed over like she was going to pick something up and then raised up, returned to the corner house and sat down on the porch. She was quiet after that.

The Lord told me that some of her behavior was habit but that as she gained light, she would gain freedom. The Lord is very patient and desire us to take the land as we are able, so to speak. I don't know them but I know the Lord put other laborers in her life.
If the demons had left her suddenly without her being filled with the knowledge of the Lord, they could have returned and returned with others much worse.

God's greatest commandment is "Love".
Love binds on earth will bound in Heaven.
Faith looses on earth will be loosed in Heaven.
Remember to Love your brothers as yourself. If your brother sins against you, you just love him in return. You give him the time to the right way of discipline and you guide him in the righteousness. You must produce good fruit on earth, the "Patience" is also a good fruit. Well, be patience and the Father in Heaven will done everything you ask for.
Jesus Love us,
His second coming is near!
Don't forget to repent yourself and ask for forgiveness, Obey to his command and Believe in Jesus Christ. The Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
:wink:

a clear and correct answer was given in the beginning of this thread. the subsequent confusion that follows every correct answer only serves as Satan's purpose for confusing the truth of God as he knows that the truth is the only power we have over him and his works. Jesus came to destroy the works of the Devil and ultimately that will be realized in the end. But for now, we who are Gods children and have Christ in us, have the power of truth to expose the lies of Satan and set the captives free that they may freely serve God as dear children.

The spiritual war is directly tied to the Physical battlefield of Earth. Ultimately God will shake the heaven and the Earth and remove all that can be shaken. Until such time, his longsuffering is allowing us to make disciples and increase the kingdom for the king.

God Bless, I love those who truly love Christ,

Gary

Saying it very simply. Jesus gave the disciples the power to make decisions. The way of heaven is revealed to you and you will govern my church. What you say or teach is already known in heaven and revealed to you and is also bound or loosed on earth.

It was a way Jesus talked to them to let them know the Spirit would guide them. They would make decisions and what they taught all was revealed to them and would be so on earth. And the revelation comes from heaven by the Holy Spirit.

A simple way to say it. Hope this helps.

As for challenging Satan, only God has that power. That preacher who tells you he has bound up Satan, just grin. He is full of it.

Thank you for your quick reply, but I still don't understand fully. I have read those scriptures many times, but my question is- a yes to what? a no to what? what can be bound on earth and heaven?

I guess I need an example.

Hey Tru

Can I put it this way? You have dominion in the Earth. Whatsoever you declare lawful in the Earth is lawful in the heavens. Whatsoever you declare unlawful is unlawful in the heavens. Your example. A friend gets cancer. The WORD says 'By Jesus stripes we were healed' So? Declare cancer in that friend to be unlawful and cast it out. You are calling the shots according to the authority Jesus gave you in that verse.

I found this from gotquestions.org

Question: "What does the Bible mean by binding and loosing?"

Answer: The concept of "binding and loosing" is taught in Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." In this verse, Jesus is speaking directly to the Apostle Peter, and indirectly to the other apostles. Jesus' words meant that Peter would have the right to enter the kingdom himself, would have general authority therein symbolized by the possession of the keys, and preaching the gospel would be the means of opening the kingdom of heaven to all believers and shutting it against unbelievers. The book of Acts shows us this process at work. By his sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-40), Peter opened the door of the kingdom for the first time. The expressions "bind" and "loose" were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare forbidden or to declare allowed.

Peter and the other disciples were to continue on earth the work of Christ in preaching the gospel and declaring God's will to men, and were armed with the same authority as He Himself possessed. In Matthew 18, there is also a definite reference to the binding and loosing of church discipline. The apostles do not usurp Christ's lordship and authority over individual believers and their eternal destiny, but they do exercise the authority to discipline and, if necessary, excommunicate disobedient church members.

Christ in heaven ratifies what is done in His name and in obedience to His Word on earth. In both Matthew 16:19 and 18:18, the syntax of the Greek text makes the meaning clear. What you bind on earth will already have been bound in Heaven. What you loose on earth will already have been loosed in Heaven. In other words, Jesus in heaven, looses the authority of His Word as it goes forth on earth for the fulfillment of its purpose.

God bless :love: :rainbow: :rose:

this is worth chewing over in the light
bite by bite
from Matthew 6:9-10 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

yea, give us this day our daily bread

could that be more an acknowledgement than a request as with lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil

as with the recognition that we be forgiven as (in the same measure or heart???) as we forgive others

in other words, what is "bound" or ordained or a set done covenant and displayed for all amkind in the life of Jesus as we read in the Gospels in heaven is or is what we can expect in believing and faith on earth
and in the balance of justice what is loosed likewise is to be done on earth as it is in Heaven

for God was manifest in Jesus, Immanuel, God with us, and shewed the will and goodness and mercy and love of the Father and the signs given in healing and deliverance and comfort and hope were to make known the manifold graces of God and were a direct revelation of what is both bound and loosed in heaven

What is in heaven (in God) in Christ is perfect and only ever good in relation to us here on earth so it is with confidence and belief that we can and should walk and talk and live and help others as we have seen in Him and as we have by grace authority to do, that His name be glorified, not ours.

Yes we can cast the demons out of people and bind there strong holds over others ! We have the same power as our LORD JESUS ! He conquerored it all for us !

i am no more than the least in His body and church and i have cast out satan ! healed the sick , Raised the dead and much more !
I seen lots and lots of miracles in His mighty name and though the Power of the Holy Ghost !We just need to be led by His Holy ghost , then step out in faith , not doubting or fearing !

It Not something i do daily ! But we need to Hear him well , fasting causes us to walk and live in our spirit , which is the Holy Perfect child of God

!
I could fill up many pages here with the miracles i had in my LIFe time and i am Not more than any in his true church or body !
doubt the killer and many teach doubt !

It all by Faith , child like Faith !

These Scriptures are just as true as any in the Bible !

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mat_10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Act_26:8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

Joh_5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
Joh_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

He did not just say we could ? He said DO IT !
Joh_20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Ok How can we do these things ? We must be living though our Spirit , at Least enough to hear Him plainly !
That easy also ! He said we would fast !Fasting causes our flesh desires to weaken and gives our Spirit man power over the flesh 1 Then our spirit has Control over the flesh and we hear our Lord GOOD !

Then we live the Spiritual life , Kingdom life and be the Overcomers He already DECLARED us to be . The More than Conquerors He has Already declared us to Be 1We Not going to see it if we just live fleshly carnal lives ever !

It normal in the KINGDOM , it Not normal in the carnal life !
The kingdom life is the Miracle life !that goes beyond natual ! there are No bounds there it beyond what we see as normal ! Jesus Did not judge by what He saw ! He judged by what the Father saw and could do though Him as well as with us !

We can All if Born into HIS kingdom ,do the Works our LORD DID !In fact that His Will for us ALL !

He wants us doing those works that set people free as He Did !
I found it only takes three full days of Fasting , water only ,praying for Him to help us get though that 2nd day ! satan will try anything to stop us ! he fears what we might do ,when we hear and obey the LORD! he saw what took place at the churches beginnintg how just a few almost conquerored the entire world for our LORD JESUS !

he knows we have the Same Holy Ghost which is GOD POWER within Each of Us 1 but the church has been blinded by bad teachings !
It the Truth that sets us all free ! free of sin free of the devils lying powers , free of sickness ! free to do God miracles on earth !

He came to SET the captives free , now He still wants to do that though YOU !
Nothing changed but the teachings have ! He the same yetersday today and tomorrow ! Still looking for a few that will carry on His Work !

Luk_18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Joh_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Last edited by a moderator:
My little girls kitty died ! We prayed for it ,laying hands on it ! It took a while but came back ! she had seen others miracles , but i guess she counted this one big ! she went to school tellibng other kids !
they laughed at Her and mocked Her and now she refuses to talk about God or the Bible or any miracles !
The worlds going to do this , unless they see it with there own eyes , Even then some will say something else took place ?

She went to live with Her mother after that ! She was living with me and Her brother here then !

Makes me very sad , She has rejected Me and My LORD JESUS ! But i trust the Lord She will repent and stand Strong in my LORD one DAY !

Loyal
There have been some good explanations on here, and I agree with most of them.
But I've also wondered if this has to do with forgiveness.

If we will be forgiven as we forgive others, maybe we need to make sure we aren't carrying any grudges to the grave.
Now if your brother asks for your forgiveness and repents, God is going to forgive him even if you don't.
But if you don't, is this sin (rather, I should say "grudge") that is bound in heaven, going to be held against him, or you?

Sometimes I think we need to let go of "loose" some of those things in our hearts we are holding onto.

Active
Makes me sad to little children being stumbled by anothers unbelief!!! WOE!!!! UNTO THEM!!! matt 18:1-7!! For the child herself I would explain to her the following. John 15:18-20 She is in fine company!! The World did not love Jesus either! Nor would they believe him because of the prophecy of Isaiah!!( matt 13:14-17!) Again showing the child this as well. Why are they so mean then? Why am i mocked? And why am I so loved because of this!! Because little girl you are so loved! Taking a stand for Jesus at such a tender age,is no bargin!It is most difficult! So I sure do feel for her!

But I also know that her rewards shall be as Jesus says they are in matt 18! And woe unto them that have caused one of my little ones to stumble! God bless you Spirit1st child!! God hears and answers all prayer! Stay strong, because in overcoming, one then understand who one is as his child! Rom 8:31-39! May this encourage us all,to not only make our stand in Jesus,but keep our stand in Christ Jesus! amen! Now to brother Eddie,binding and loosing. Very good comments by all concerning this,if I could just add a bit to it. There are two realms, one of flesh,the other much older, and which came first, the Spirit realm. God's Word gives us the privilage of believing what he says concerning this.

When one prays, or when one speaks, one needs to know where they speak, and to whom. For in the Spirit realm that which is spoken is already done, not always so in the realm our flesh dwells in. ( matt 12:36) The account we bear is in the believing of the words we speak. Do we hold to that which is true in the spirit realm? Or do we rather look into which our eyes can see? example. I once worked for a hotel chain,the manager was an Armstrong church of God believer. A cult. He told me that unless I join him in this and renounce the teaching of my so called church, I could not continue working for him. I knew what this meant!As do you!

So very careful with my words I brought into my prayer closet binding and loosing. Holy Spirit spoke this unto me." The realm of the Spirit when one prays can also include self in it,even if one does not pray for this,My word is so powerful that like a fire,if one gets to close to it looking to put it out,its smell or even flame can attach itself to you for a time. So learn well my son,when you loose, you can also become loosed from the binding as well,another words you may lose your job in the action you ask me to preform,in doing so have no fear, for I have already provided you with a better job, according to what you hold to in your belief of MY FAITH!"

And so it was brothers and sisters.I got done doing what I was led by God to do,i lost my job,and two weeks later God himself got me a much better job, with even more pay.1 month after, as I was thanking Jesus for all he had done for me,the hotel I worked at caught fire,and the manager was fired due to it being his fault. The consequence of sin are indeed handed down! I did not rejoice brothers and sisters, oh the flesh wanted to!! LOL But God honers his word,he watches over his very word always to preform it! Then the Lord said to me, you have seen well!FOR I am watching over my Word to preform it! jeremiah 1:12!!

This has been my expercience with binding and loosing,I have only done this one time in my life.many of you have done this much more then I. When faced with those who were taken inside by the enemy, there is no reason to bind what is already bound. Verse 8 of mark 5 is good enough for Jesus,and sure good enough for me in HIM! If the spirit would speak,it is not to me anyway!It is unto the Lord I serve! Jesus does the rest! The Lord has already taken all power away from the spirit!( Gal 3:21-26! Remember in eph 6:12? there is no more struggle in the Spirit realm! Colossians 1:13-23!!! We learn much brothers and sisters when we abide,and we abide because we know that without Jesus and his Word we are as the Jewish exorcists!!( Acts 19:13-16!)

The realm of the Spirit is far more real then ours! Through many hard lessons I myself had to endure,I can safely tell you this! The battle is real!! And so is our Victory in Jesus,but for this, one must abide in God's Word and do what??amen only believe! ( mark 5:35-36!) Those whom the Son has set free are truly free indeed! John 8:36 PRAISE GOD!! amen!

@spirit1st
freely ye have received, freely give. from Matthew 10:8
yes
perhaps one of the most compelling words in this and so many other aspects of our walk and life in Christ
very powerful words, so simple but what reasoning can rise against it but a lie
@B-A-C
most certainly
forgiveness releases and 'grudges' withhold
a sure word throughout the Scripture that is vital in interaction
makes a difference for good and effect or empty, void, worthless, fruitless action like sounding and clanging of bells and cymbals
@Brighthouse
in agreement with words for spirit1st's daughter
somewhere tears are turned to laughter and rejoicing with gladness and it is at times such as these we must consider the truth to be what it is outside of our flesh and above all that exists
to do His will is joy
to know His will is release
to be His instrument to fulfill is grace
to hear Him talk to you is love and a most full and sufficient reward

to think that what is in Heaven is and it is OK for it to be so on earth and that we have been set apart to be His Body for such ministration of His will and glory is a treasure to seek
each treasure is to be well used not buried

yes
freely ye have recieved
freely give

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to bring this post up again as it has within it a message that while many might not like and even shun mentions of the law, gives insight to the axpect of the holiness of God and the laws that are His governing and bounds reminding us of His reply to Moses one day when He said I AM THAT I AM Exodus 3:14

do we need to add or take from Him and what is?
let us live IN Him complete and as He is in Heaven and as He was on earth so van and ought we to be
free from encumbrance and debt and sin

I have taken various translations from different Bibles. Hope this helps.

Mat 16:19

(BBE) I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever is fixed by you on earth will be fixed in heaven: and whatever you make free on earth will be made free in heaven.

(Darby) And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of the heavens; and whatsoever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be bound in the heavens; and whatsoever thou mayest loose on the earth shall be loosed in the heavens.

(GW) I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you imprison, God will imprison. And whatever you set free, God will set free."

(KJV) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

(KJV+) And2532 I will give1325 unto thee4671 the3588 keys2807 of the3588 kingdom932 of heaven:3772 and2532 whatsoever3739, 1437 thou shalt bind1210 on1909 earth1093 shall2071 be bound1210 in1722 heaven:3772 and2532 whatsoever3739, 1437 thou shalt loose3089 on1909 earth1093 shall be2071 loosed3089 in1722 heaven.3772

(YLT) and I will give to thee the keys of the reign of the heavens, and whatever thou mayest bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever thou mayest loose upon the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.'

The Amplified Bible is more clear and gives us a more of an understanding to what this scripture means.

Matt 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.

In other words Jesus was telling Peter what was sinful and wrong and improper, is what we need to avoid. The Holy Spirit, will convict us of these things and will guide us to do the right and lawful things in God's eyes, so that we can have that true fellowship with Him.

God hates unlawfulness, since right at the beginning of Genesis, with the fall of man, we have been sinful, disobedient and gone and done what we want and not listened to God. Without the Holy Spirit, one cannot achieve this, one needs to be born again in Spirit, so that God can show us these things.

The choice is ours, follow God's law and declare it lawful or follow man's ways (unlawfullness) and loose out on eternity.

This scripture says it all.

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

You are going to loose things, a lot of things in this world, to find your life.

Plus/Minus 80 years against a life time in eternity. I would rather suffer now, than to loose out on eternity. This world is temporary, but eternity is forever.

1Jo 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Paul goes on in Galatians chapter five to say,...

Galatians 5:12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves! 13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

The context was regarding circumcision and Paul made the point that circumcision would "bind" one to the obligation to keep "the whole law".

We are to walk by the Spirit...

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

I think this passage is an excellent example of being "bound" (obligated) and being "loosed" (freedom).

To battle in spiritual warfare, consider Ephesians chapter six...

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

As a final note on the subject.. consider Jesus' words as recorded in Luke chapter ten...

Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!" 18 And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Be lead by the Holy Spirit and follow His guidance and instructions. Speak only what He gives you to say in those situations and watch what the Lord does.

Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

Paul goes on in Galatians chapter five to say,...
Galatians 5:12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves! 13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

The context was regarding circumcision and Paul made the point that circumcision would "bind" one to the obligation to keep "the whole law".

We are to walk by the Spirit...

Galatians 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

I think this passage is an excellent example of being "bound" (obligated) and being "loosed" (freedom).

Be lead by the Holy Spirit and follow His guidance and instructions. Speak only what He gives you to say in those situations and watch what the Lord does.

this is good and worth noting and even binding to the table of the heart

Proverbs 7:1-5
1My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
5That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.