• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Born Again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
"Except a man be born again,' the Savior said, "he can not see the kingdom of God."-John 3:3. When we are born of the divine Spirit, the new birth from heaven, the power of Christ alone can work the transformation in the heart and mind of a person. Being born again will lead to watchfulness. It will purify the heart and renew the mind, and give us a new capacity for knowing and loving God. It will give us willing obedience to all His requirements.

A born again person has a sense of freedom-peace in the soul.-Romans 5:1. They will have a love for others.-1 John 3:14. They will have a turning of the mind and heart from the world.-John 2:15-17. They will experience victory in areas where before there was defeat.-1 Corinthians 15:57. They will have a frequent, instinctive desire to pray.-Psalm 42:1-2. They will have an interest in God's Word.-Jeremiah 15:16. They will have a growing sensitivity to sin.-1 John 3:9. They will have an attitude of willing obedience to God.-Psalm 40:8. They will have an impulse to witness to others.-Acts 1:8.

Father, for those of us born again, we thank you for the new birth from heaven. May those who have not been born again hear Your voice today, surrender to Your calling, and receive the new birth from heaven. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Love in Christ,
Jan :love:

Please pray for me. I don't think I am actually born again. I don't know how there is just so much conflicting opinions. I have changed I believe but I am stuck and all the false teaching is getting to me. Even good people are deceived I am so tired I just want to give up

Loyal
@Jelly -- Hi -- and, yes, there Is a lot of questionable 'stuff' being taught. God's Word is your answer Not people's opinions.

Many years ago I wasn't really sure of My salvation. There's no need to continue feeling mixed up / confused. Talk to God about it -- everything -- share your heart with Him. Jesus Christ , God's Son , died on the cross for You and everyone. He was buried and He rose again bodily on the 3rd day. there's Nothing we can do to 'complete' our salvation. The shed blood of Christ on the cross is enough. Tell Him that you want to accept His gift of salvation , personally and thank Him for it.

Share back with me in 'Conversation' part of the Forum.

John 3:16

Romans 10:9 - 10.

I John 1:9

Active
Please pray for me. I don't think I am actually born again. I don't know how there is just so much conflicting opinions. I have changed I believe but I am stuck and all the false teaching is getting to me. Even good people are deceived I am so tired I just want to give up
Hey Jelly! I will be happy to pray for you. Once when I was teaching school, a teacher friend of mine ask me, Are you born again?" I remember it like it was yesterday, and I said, "Born again! " What is that?" The conversation never went any further and she never explained it to me. Years went by and every now and then I would hear something on TV or hear a message at church and I felt this longing to know more. You said you don't think you are actually born again, so many conflicting opinions. Don't listen to the opinions of others. If you're changing, that's a good sign, because being born again is all about changing, receiving a new birth from heaven. When we are born again, we desire to live for God and do things His way instead of living for ourselves and doing things our way. It would be so nice to sit down and have a one-on-one conversation but I know that can't happen, so I will try to make this short and simple, I could talk about Jesus all night!

God is a Spirit. He created the heavens and the earth and controls everything in it, including you and me. The real you is a spirit, but you live in a physical body. When you are born again, God gives you a new heart that wants to live for Him. God's Spirit comes to live in your new heart and He will reveal Himself to you and you will know you have received the new birth from heaven.

If you haven't already, say this to God; God, I know I'm a sinner, and I ask You for Your forgiveness. I believe Jesus Christ is Your Son. I believe that He died for my sin and that You raised Him to life. I want to trust Him as my Savior and follow him as Lord from this day forward. Guide my life and help me to do Your will. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen. If you say this to God and believe it in your heart, He will send the Holy Spirit to live in your new heart and begin to guide you. When you willingly surrender your life to Him, that's when He can start working in your life. One of the first things He will do is give you a desire to read and study the Bible. Once you start doing that, you'll want to study it more and more and God will reveal Himself to you more and more. It's a spiritual experience that can only take place when we believe in Jesus Christ and what He did for us at the cross. You have to be willing to give up your life, living it in your own strength and let God live through you. Believe Who Jesus is and what He accomplished at the cross and you'll be born again. You'll receive a new birth from heaven and God will begin to reveal Himself to you. Have a great week, Jelly! God bless you! Jan :love:

@Jelly -- Hi -- and, yes, there Is a lot of questionable 'stuff' being taught. God's Word is your answer Not people's opinions.

Many years ago I wasn't really sure of My salvation. There's no need to continue feeling mixed up / confused. Talk to God about it -- everything -- share your heart with Him. Jesus Christ , God's Son , died on the cross for You and everyone. He was buried and He rose again bodily on the 3rd day. there's Nothing we can do to 'complete' our salvation. The shed blood of Christ on the cross is enough. Tell Him that you want to accept His gift of salvation , personally and thank Him for it.

Share back with me in 'Conversation' part of the Forum.

John 3:16

Romans 10:9 - 10.

I John 1:9
Thank you so much Sue ❤

I read your post last night and spent time with God today despite all that is going on with me I have peace and joy.
I was a seeker for a long time, then one day God put on my heart to read the Bible and that never went away. I thought I became a Christian 6 years ago but the reason I struggle is despite having been a new Christian without much Bible "knowledge" I knew things and God was and still is changing my heart. I guess I just keep running into "church" people who have been doing church there whole lives and they question my salvation and it has gotten to the point point where I became confused about what being saved was.
God has put on my heart to read the Bible until I understand within.
I just question then does that mean I am not saved because I am not sure what makes me saved?
I am praying and praying to that I understand the truth. I know it on my heart but my head seems to struggle. I know that was a long post. Thank you again Sue for reaching out to me and sharing Christ.
Blessings in Christ
Jen

Loyal
Hi Jelly --- that's not a long post at all. Good to hear from you. No one will ever understand all of God's Word. The Holy Spirit helps us understand that which we Do need to understand. Understand God's Word is a process.

Inner peace is wonderful. Reading / learning God's Word is wonderful and sharing with other's is wonderful.

Do you know how to access "conversations" area in the Forum.

Hi Jelly --- that's not a long post at all. Good to hear from you. No one will ever understand all of God's Word. The Holy Spirit helps us understand that which we Do need to understand. Understand God's Word is a process.

Inner peace is wonderful. Reading / learning God's Word is wonderful and sharing with other's is wonderful.

Do you know how to access "conversations" area in the Forum.
No I don't know how to have a conversation. If you have a moment let me know how. Thanks Jen

Loyal
Jelly -- I do know how to access 'conversation' area -- but don't know how to explain it To you. So -- I'll connect with one of the moderators and they'll know how to explain it.