• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Book for food addicts and compulsive eaters

I just got a new Christian book written for food addicts, ones that want to eat constantly and are way out of control. It makes so much sense.
The only ones I can see that wouldn't probably be good on this is diabetics.
The name of the book is Diet Alternative, by Diane Hampton.
I know what you are thinking....not another diet book. But this isn't a diet, its to gain control of food instead of food having control of you.
One interesting thing I read was that in the Bible they ate twice a day, there was no lunch. She has scripture to back this up.
Another thing is that if you exercise your God given hunger signal, allow it to tell you when to eat, your God given satiety signal will return. Many food addicts since they eat all the time, feel neither hunger or fullness.
Anyway....get the book. Its good. Paperback 141 pages. You can read it in an evening. Interesting read if you or someone you know has this addiction. Its basically for Christians as you have to want to serve the Lord to see the sense of the book.

Administrator
Staff Member
One interesting thing I read was that in the Bible they ate twice a day, there was no lunch. She has scripture to back this up.

Please provide that Scripture, I'm interested. Thanks.