• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Bold Entrance

Active
If we do not understand that all our sins, including future ones are already forgiven at rebirth there will also be inconsistency in understanding the permanency of faith and “eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9) and the promise that “all things works together” for the “good” of the believer.

When we are “accepted in the Beloved” (Eph 1:6) at rebirth God has taken into account what He knows concerning our present and future sins, and when considering His “work” (Phil 2:13, Rom 8:28), there can be no unforeseen element interrupting our union with Him.

The foundation of spiritual growth in the faith is in the surety concerning the permanency of redemption, which is actual in the life of all believers, even if this is yet to be understood! The significant disadvantage will be the inability to maintain a “clear conscience” concerning the guilt of sin, and the inability to “lay aside the weight and sin” in order to avoid being “beset” by them (Heb 12:1).
-NC

Bold Entrance

“Let us draw near” (Heb 10:22). It is into the presence of the Father that believers are invited to come with boldness. Our salvation is, of course, the first thing; and next come love and service toward Him who saved us: publishing the good tidings to all whom we should reach. Third, we become occupied with the Father’s plan of salvation, doctrinally; and if we are instructed right, we learn to expect the coming again of the Lord from heaven, to rapture His Body, the Church.

But all these things may be true of us without our entering into that fellowship and worship into which the epistle to the Hebrews introduces us. To have boldness to enter in the Holy place . . . draw near with a true heart in fullness of faith, involves an active godliness which superficial study of the Scriptures may not beget in us.

It will not do for us (concerning spiritual growth, i.e. Heb 6:1, 2—NC) to stop at the Cross where Christ shed His Blood for our sins, and where we have peace through that Blood, security from Divine judgment. For His Blood has a heavenly ever-present power and efficacy connected with our acceptance and worship, and this is the peculiar message of Hebrews. If we do not become worshippers, really occupied with the things of the Father, with the praises as well as prayers which the Blood of the Son has made a delight unto the Father, at which heaven wonders and worships (1 Pet 1:12—NC), this great epistle to the Hebrews has failed to reach our hearts. For the immediate presence of the all-holly God, whose name is LOVE, is where the Lord Jesus is now sitting; whither every true believer is going; and into which, by the principle of faith, every believer is exhorted to enter with boldness now.

Let us draw near “with a true heart.” “The heart is deceitful above all things.” Millions pray, even using the name of the Lord Jesus and speaking of His sacrifice, whose hearts are not true (IMO, not a full understanding of all that salvation provides—NC). Repentance of sin has not broken them up. “A broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.” A true heart does not mean a heart that trusts in itself, but one which genuinely comes to a holy God.

Let us draw near “in full assurance of faith.” This does not mean that here will be no consciousness of unworthiness, but rather, a confidence in a faithful Father, Who is sure to bless one who is trusting in the shed Blood of His Son.

Let us draw near, “having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience.” This is a beautiful picture of the same deliverance as in Hebrews 9:14: “The Blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish unto God, cleanesth our conscience from dead works to serve the Living God.” We are told in chapter 12:24 that “we are come to the Blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than Able” (Able was the first to show a blood-sacrificed faith—NC).

True faith brings about this Divine action of “sprinkling,” that is, of so appropriating the effect of the Blood of Christ shed on our behalf as to relieve our burdened consciences because we see that our sins have been laid on our Substitute. There is no other deliverance from an evil conscience, that is, a conscience that is accusing us. God “sprinkles” such believing hearts by reckoning to them the value and power of Christ’s shed Blood; and the heart has rest.

- Wm R Newell

Portion of MJS devotional for Jan 16:

“The true hope makes all the difference to us in our ministry. Our expectations have been personally proven. It makes possible joy in the midst of sorrow, confidence in the midst of defeat. It changes our attitude toward those to whom we minister. We see them not as they are at the moment but as we know the Lord is going to make them. Then patience and forgiveness are easy, for we already see the Lord’s finished work. It changes our prayer for them.

“We ask not for some little progress or partial blessing for them but for the Lord’s complete victory. It changes our teaching ministry to them. Instead of fearfully giving a little more of God’s truth, we confidently declare all the counsel of God. There is ever before us the joy of the finished work which we know the Lord is going to accomplish.”
-A.M.

“BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS VERY THING, THAT HE WHICH HATH BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL PERFORM IT UNTIL THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST” (PHIL. 1:6).

None But The Hungry Heart

Active
If we do not understand that all our sins, including future ones are already forgiven at rebirth there will also be inconsistency in understanding the permanency of faith and “eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9) and the promise that “all things works together” for the “good” of the believer.

When we are “accepted in the Beloved” (Eph 1:6) at rebirth God has taken into account what He knows concerning our present and future sins, and when considering His “work” (Phil 2:13, Rom 8:28), there can be no unforeseen element interrupting our union with Him.

The foundation of spiritual growth in the faith is in the surety concerning the permanency of redemption, which is actual in the life of all believers, even if this is yet to be understood! The significant disadvantage will be the inability to maintain a “clear conscience” concerning the guilt of sin, and the inability to “lay aside the weight and sin” in order to avoid being “beset” by them (Heb 12:1).
-NC

Bold Entrance

“Let us draw near” (Heb 10:22). It is into the presence of the Father that believers are invited to come with boldness. Our salvation is, of course, the first thing; and next come love and service toward Him who saved us: publishing the good tidings to all whom we should reach. Third, we become occupied with the Father’s plan of salvation, doctrinally; and if we are instructed right, we learn to expect the coming again of the Lord from heaven, to rapture His Body, the Church.

But all these things may be true of us without our entering into that fellowship and worship into which the epistle to the Hebrews introduces us. To have boldness to enter in the Holy place . . . draw near with a true heart in fullness of faith, involves an active godliness which superficial study of the Scriptures may not beget in us.

It will not do for us (concerning spiritual growth, i.e. Heb 6:1, 2—NC) to stop at the Cross where Christ shed His Blood for our sins, and where we have peace through that Blood, security from Divine judgment. For His Blood has a heavenly ever-present power and efficacy connected with our acceptance and worship, and this is the peculiar message of Hebrews. If we do not become worshippers, really occupied with the things of the Father, with the praises as well as prayers which the Blood of the Son has made a delight unto the Father, at which heaven wonders and worships (1 Pet 1:12—NC), this great epistle to the Hebrews has failed to reach our hearts. For the immediate presence of the all-holly God, whose name is LOVE, is where the Lord Jesus is now sitting; whither every true believer is going; and into which, by the principle of faith, every believer is exhorted to enter with boldness now.

Let us draw near “with a true heart.” “The heart is deceitful above all things.” Millions pray, even using the name of the Lord Jesus and speaking of His sacrifice, whose hearts are not true (IMO, not a full understanding of all that salvation provides—NC). Repentance of sin has not broken them up. “A broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.” A true heart does not mean a heart that trusts in itself, but one which genuinely comes to a holy God.

Let us draw near “in full assurance of faith.” This does not mean that here will be no consciousness of unworthiness, but rather, a confidence in a faithful Father, Who is sure to bless one who is trusting in the shed Blood of His Son.

Let us draw near, “having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience.” This is a beautiful picture of the same deliverance as in Hebrews 9:14: “The Blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish unto God, cleanesth our conscience from dead works to serve the Living God.” We are told in chapter 12:24 that “we are come to the Blood of sprinkling that speaketh better than Able” (Able was the first to show a blood-sacrificed faith—NC).

True faith brings about this Divine action of “sprinkling,” that is, of so appropriating the effect of the Blood of Christ shed on our behalf as to relieve our burdened consciences because we see that our sins have been laid on our Substitute. There is no other deliverance from an evil conscience, that is, a conscience that is accusing us. God “sprinkles” such believing hearts by reckoning to them the value and power of Christ’s shed Blood; and the heart has rest.

- Wm R Newell

Portion of MJS devotional for Jan 16:

“The true hope makes all the difference to us in our ministry. Our expectations have been personally proven. It makes possible joy in the midst of sorrow, confidence in the midst of defeat. It changes our attitude toward those to whom we minister. We see them not as they are at the moment but as we know the Lord is going to make them. Then patience and forgiveness are easy, for we already see the Lord’s finished work. It changes our prayer for them.

“We ask not for some little progress or partial blessing for them but for the Lord’s complete victory. It changes our teaching ministry to them. Instead of fearfully giving a little more of God’s truth, we confidently declare all the counsel of God. There is ever before us the joy of the finished work which we know the Lord is going to accomplish.”
-A.M.

“BEING CONFIDENT OF THIS VERY THING, THAT HE WHICH HATH BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL PERFORM IT UNTIL THE DAY OF JESUS CHRIST” (PHIL. 1:6).

None But The Hungry Heart

Thank you Chaplain for this presentation. I cherish the book of Hebrews. Currently I'm studying Hebrews in my morning devotions. For some time now, I have been asking our Heavenly Father for a deeper understanding of His Son Jesus. I've been asking that He would cause me to love His Son like He does.

A couple of weeks ago, The Father led me to this Scripture....Hebrews 4:14 "Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession." Even though I already knew about Jesus' High Priest position, I never knew of the impact of His High Priest position

To go along with your thread this thing called "boldness" has much more meaning to me. I don't have to fear coming into the presence of the Almighty because my High Priest Jesus is there to vouch for my Salvation, and He is between me and the holy God, and it is Jesus Who intercedes on my behalf.

Active
Thank you Chaplain for this presentation. I cherish the book of Hebrews. Currently I'm studying Hebrews in my morning devotions. For some time now, I have been asking our Heavenly Father for a deeper understanding of His Son Jesus. I've been asking that He would cause me to love His Son like He does.

A couple of weeks ago, The Father led me to this Scripture....Hebrews 4:14 "Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession." Even though I already knew about Jesus' High Priest position, I never knew of the impact of His High Priest position

To go along with your thread this thing called "boldness" has much more meaning to me. I don't have to fear coming into the presence of the Almighty because my High Priest Jesus is there to vouch for my Salvation, and He is between me and the holy God, and it is Jesus Who intercedes on my behalf.
Hi Brother Chopper - Nice to see you here! I always appreciate the loving kindness in your replies and for the sensitive sharing.

Additionally, Christ is also between us and our "old man" and its works!! Also, viewing the daily devotional was the main key for my being supplied the growth I've been seeking. It has been the biggest tool used by God for me in the last 15 years!

Blessings!

Active
Hi Brother Chopper - Nice to see you here! I always appreciate the loving kindness in your replies and for the sensitive sharing.

Additionally, Christ is also between us and our "old man" and its works!! Also, viewing the daily devotional was the main key for my being supplied the growth I've been seeking. It has been the biggest tool used by God for me in the last 15 years!

Blessings!
Thank you my very good friend and Brother.

Staff Member
And we know that all things
work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28

Active
And we know that all things
work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28
Hi BB - Thanks for your input, and this is my favorite passage when relating to "enduring hardness," because it means that not only does God already know the trial is coming but has groomed it and you to benefit from it in your faith. Thus we can more boldly welcome what may occur in each day.

Administrator
Staff Member
This is a great reminder brother. Good read. I think most Christians have a difficult time understanding and relating to His unconditional love for us, all sins paid in full. I know I've struggled hard in this area myself but slowly learning more through his revelation.

It's a life changing difference when we get to the point of realizing God is madly in love with us to the point of sacrificing His own Son through incomprehensible torture on the Cross, to save us from eternal hell. But, He's patient with our failings (which He being omniscience knew about from eternity past), and gently sanctifies us one day at a time.

Staff Member
Greetings,

I am always mindful that the letters and epistles were written to severely persecuted churches and if we consider the message in them with this in mind we can see more clearly what each verse means.
We can get soft and fluffy in our comfort zone understanding, deciding that some verses are almost cute and cuddly toys to pacify the little baby rather than the man.

Thank you for getting back to me NC.

Grace and Peace

Staff Member
Greetings,

This is a great reminder brother. Good read. I think most Christians have a difficult time understanding and relating to His unconditional love for us, all sins paid in full. I know I've struggled hard in this area myself but slowly learning more through his revelation.

It's a life changing difference when we get to the point of realizing God is madly in love with us to the point of sacrificing His own Son through incomprehensible torture on the Cross, to save us from eternal hell. But, He's patient with our failings (which He being omniscience knew about from eternity past), and gently sanctifies us one day at a time.

nicely put @Chad
We are bought with a price, oh what a price and we are His, what better Lord and owner could we ever have!
Praise the LORD

Bless you ....><>

Active

Hi Brother Chad - Thanks for your quite instructional reply, and esp. for your labors in Christ on this site! Amen, you mentioned the highest form of love--unconditional. This is one of the primary differences between love pre-Cross and post-Cross; Before Christ it was conditional love--love others according to how we love ourselves, which is limited, but now it's love others as the Lord loves us, which is not limited!

Amen, our Father loves us with the exact same love He has for His Son, God Be blessed!

Double Blessings!