• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Blind Faith?

Staff Member
It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8 NLT

Christians hold up the patriarch Abraham as a great example of faith and obedience. The writer of the book of Hebrews tells us why he is worthy of such acclaim. In today’s verse, Abraham is lauded as a man who left his home and followed God to the place the Lord promised would be his inheritance.

Amazingly, Abraham left his home without knowing where he was going. But the most important part of the early part of Abraham’s story isn’t where he was going but whom he was following: the God who would make Abraham a blessing to the whole world.

Your obedience to God isn’t based on a blind faith. It’s based on knowing who He really is—an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving Creator and heavenly Father who always has your best and His glory in mind when He tells you what He wants you to do and where He wants you to go.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, my faith in You is not a blind faith. It’s a faith that follows You and obeys You because I know You are more than worthy of my trust. Thank You for being who You are—100 percent worthy of my love, my trust, and my obedience.