• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Blessings in Contentment

Staff Member
Two [things] I request of You (Deprive me not before I die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches--Feed me with the food allotted to me; Proverbs 30:7-8 NKJV

It’s a sad fact that not all men—including Christians—are content with what they have. But Solomon, who understood the folly of spending life chasing after “more,” shares this bit of simple but profound wisdom: Be content with what you have, for it is God who provides.

If You’ve ever spent time around someone who isn’t content with his life, you probably have come to the conclusion that few things will drag a man down to lower depths of mind and spirit than discontentment. This is the kind of person who seems to bring their gloom with them everywhere they go, a person who believes life just isn’t fair and that they’ve gotten a raw deal.

Nowhere in the Bible are we discouraged from working hard to make a better life for ourselves and our families. The key, however, is knowing that God has you in the place He wants you, whether you are rich or poor.

That is what a balanced life—a content life—looks like.

Prayer: Generous Father in heaven, forgive me for wanting “more” when that’s not what You have for me right now. Help me to always be both grateful and content with all the material wealth You have given me.

All that we are and all that we have serves God's purpose.

The more we have the more we can do for others.
There is no sin nor shame in hoping for more blessings from God, that we are then able to bless others more.

I have yet to witness a pastor take the sum total of the offering plates and plead it be too much.

However, I have seen many a pastor take from those monies and bring the homeless whom he invited into the services each day as they occupy the surrounds of the church campus. And with God's blessings bring them back from the brink and into recovery and full and fruitful lives.

Money is not nor has it ever been the root of all evil.
Rather, the love of money above all else including God is that root.

Never hope to be with less than you have because you (the impersonal you) feel you have too much.
Or God just might show you what it is to be less blessed.
If poor were a boon , our homeless would be sainted.

How many of us give to those who beg for our help? Walk the talk.

All else is empty noise.

Active
All that we are and all that we have serves God's purpose.

The more we have the more we can do for others.
There is no sin nor shame in hoping for more blessings from God, that we are then able to bless others more.

I have yet to witness a pastor take the sum total of the offering plates and plead it be too much.

However, I have seen many a pastor take from those monies and bring the homeless whom he invited into the services each day as they occupy the surrounds of the church campus. And with God's blessings bring them back from the brink and into recovery and full and fruitful lives.

Money is not nor has it ever been the root of all evil.
Rather, the love of money above all else including God is that root.

Never hope to be with less than you have because you (the impersonal you) feel you have too much.
Or God just might show you what it is to be less blessed.
If poor were a boon , our homeless would be sainted.

How many of us give to those who beg for our help? Walk the talk.

All else is empty noise.
I agree. You can be content with what God gives you and desire more to serve God's kingdom. It is just the attitude though. Some are not content with anything. They desire the gift more then the Giver

I agree. You can be content with what God gives you and desire more to serve God's kingdom. It is just the attitude though. Some are not content with anything. They desire the gift more then the Giver
True. Those ones are the example of the love of money over God. They are of that root of evil.

And imagine that, really. Sacrificing their eternal soul for what is actually counterfeit. And in the case of American currency, is fiat notes.

Ever wonder? America's government prints money with no gold backing it up. Why can't we? :laughing: :p

They buy wars, we buy properties and rehabilitate homeless veterans. And give hope to single mothers to be. Thus proving we are truly pro-life.

Ah well, until a printing press falls off a truck near my house....