• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Blessed While You Sleep

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
[It is] vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; [For] so He gives His beloved sleep. Psalm 127:2

Solomon talks twenty-one times about sleep. It's probably not surprising. After all, God invented sleep, you spend nearly a third of your life sleeping, and the quality of your sleep affects your waking hours and vice versa. Here are some facts and insights about sleep:
  • - Your quality of sleep varies. Sometimes you sleep well after a hard day's work, sometimes overwork makes for restless sleep, and sometimes you can miss a night of sleep (Ecclesiastes 5:12).

• - Sometimes you can't sleep thinking of a loved one, and sometimes you sleep lightly and are ready to rise at a moment's notice (Song of Songs 5:2).

• - Sleeping with any woman other than your wife will bring severe punishment. Good and wise men tend to sleep well, but wicked men can't sleep until they commit another heinous act. Someone who makes a foolish financial promise shouldn't sleep; lazy men sleep their way to poverty and ruin, but wisdom will bless you while you sleep (Proverbs 3:24; 4:16; 6:4; 6:9, 29).
Prayer: Lord, I want to enjoy Your blessings while I sleep. Help me to balance life's demands and walk in wisdom all my days.

Active
[It is] vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; [For] so He gives His beloved sleep. Psalm 127:2

Solomon talks twenty-one times about sleep. It's probably not surprising. After all, God invented sleep, you spend nearly a third of your life sleeping, and the quality of your sleep affects your waking hours and vice versa. Here are some facts and insights about sleep:
  • - Your quality of sleep varies. Sometimes you sleep well after a hard day's work, sometimes overwork makes for restless sleep, and sometimes you can miss a night of sleep (Ecclesiastes 5:12).

• - Sometimes you can't sleep thinking of a loved one, and sometimes you sleep lightly and are ready to rise at a moment's notice (Song of Songs 5:2).

• - Sleeping with any woman other than your wife will bring severe punishment. Good and wise men tend to sleep well, but wicked men can't sleep until they commit another heinous act. Someone who makes a foolish financial promise shouldn't sleep; lazy men sleep their way to poverty and ruin, but wisdom will bless you while you sleep (Proverbs 3:24; 4:16; 6:4; 6:9, 29).
Prayer: Lord, I want to enjoy Your blessings while I sleep. Help me to balance life's demands and walk in wisdom all my days.
Amen, Brother! I discipline myself to get quality sleep. I have learned through experience, when I allow myself to get tired; I am now vulnerable for a satanic attack. There will always be those times when we just don't sleep well for whatever reason. For me, if I give myself 8-9 hrs per night; I feel refreshed in the morning and have a good stream of energy throughout the day. You're right! God designed us to spend a third of our lives sleeping, so He can not only bless us while we sleep, but strengthen us to handle the attacks of satan. God knows we need to be strong in our physical bodies so we can fulfill His will for our lives. Love in Christ, Jan :)

Staff Member
Thanks for sharing Sister Jan.
Always a joy to have a confirming witness.
God bless.
YBIC
Nick
<><