• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Blessed are you when people insult you

Blessed are you when people insult you

Matthew 5:11-12

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Commentary

The Lord knew that His disciples would be maltreated because of their association with, and loyalty to Him. History has confirmed this: from the outset the world has persecuted, jailed, and killed followers of Jesus. To suffer for Christ's sake is a privilege that should cause joy.

From
The Daily Bible Verse

Dear sister,

It is true indeed. We are His children, and we are called to work His will. Thank you for sharing this wonderful verse with us. I think what you posted is, three different versions of this verse.

God bless you.